China Closes Foxconn, Johnson & Johnson, And Samsung Factories Amid Virus Outbreak

erek

[H]F Junkie
Big implications for the economy from this!

"A much larger problem in China is the shutdown of major parts of its economy, and those impacts will soon be felt globally. China is the growth engine for many economies of the world -- this is a shock that could tilt the world into a prolonged slowdown.

We noted last week that the World Economic Forum (WEF) President Borge Brende warned that the world is "faced with a synchronized slowdown in the global economy. And we're also faced with a situation where the ammunition that we have to fight a potential global recession is more limited."

Brende suggested the global economy could be entering a period of vulnerability where external shocks could trigger a global recession. The shutdown of major industrial hubs in China and collapsing consumption by Chinese consumers could certainly be a shock that will shortly impact the global economy. "

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/c...son-and-samsung-factories-amid-virus-outbreak

is Assembled the same as made in? what about the manufacturing of the ram chips
Most of the actual facilities are in Taiwan and the Phillipines, I think Samsung operates a budget facility in China not sure about Micron and Hynix though. China is trying to get it's own manufacturing facilities off the ground but I haven't heard anything perticularrly good about them to date.

No good ram is made in China.... But I am sure they will find a way to justify an increase, I can see LCD's going up by a fair amount because of this though.

Maybe not, but if the people that buy the junk RAM can't get it and "need something now", they'll be buying what they can get cutting into the supply of the good stuff.

(And even if they don't, they'll cut supply and say demand is overwhelming them. They'll get fined a couple million 10 years from now on the billions they raked in tomorrow).

China is the growth engine for many economies of the world.

More like a sucking chest wound.

China can't maintain it's public health but still wants to rule the world, so now everyone else has to suffer through unchecked spread of their rampant illnesses & be subjected to economic collapse..:(

Personally, I am NOT surprised...

Oh no how will all of the shark tank contestants promise to lower their cost to manufacture without bulk orders through China!! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO! PANIC IN THE STREETS!

Viral contagion mutating into an economic contagion....

IIRC the world relies heavily on chinese growth.

Back