Chieftech/Chienming/Antec Case Gallery

Holy shit thats hot curiousgeorge! Where did you get the paint and how hard was the painting?

but that monitor hasnt gotten with the program yet

I got the paint from Lowes its the neon construction paint (the paint they mark the pavement with identifying utility lines underground) I think its called "tuff" I put a couple layers of the green on, then a couple clearcoat. The green and clear came as spray paint, it wasnt hard at all to paint, just couldn't stay in on place to long because that paint is realy heavy and it woulds leave runs. I got some neo blue paint from a local craft store, and painted the ridges.. that took some time and many coats to cover the green. The prep for the painting was simply to layer what ever i didn't want painted with tape :D
Thanks
LoL yeah the monitor.. im waiting for LCD's to get cheap.

That's a killer paint job... and I like your display case desk arrangement. :) *applause*

Here's my baby, just installed some new 120mm fans ever cool..They look better too, im debating wether i should do a customer grill or leave it off.

LanBoy4.JPG

LanBoy5.JPG

Nice job, looks awesome. Thats wierd how the harddrive mount, i've never seen them mounted like that before. It looks like its works alot better.

i had the wires showing at first but i thought it would look cleaner having them hidden.

These Pics are real old and my motherboard has gone on to greener pastures, but I saw the ressurection of this thread and decided that my case was a chieftec but the front was better. lol

11106005.jpg

11105138.jpg

11105028.jpg

11105136.jpg

Case.jpg

Obviously the last one is before I put in the window and put in the 120s.

Chieftec cx-01b sl-bk sl/bk s 450

Thats what it says on my receipt from a year ago.

If I am correct I could not find it on newegg about a week after I bought it.

Ok, I knew it was coming, and I told myself I wouldn't care.
I was only 8 years old when I moved into this room, so stop the hate.

I think you are just jealous of my l33t border and wallpaper.

ROTF man, we're just jokin' ur wallpaper is t3h [H]. You should change it to say "Rush" and "Boom! Headshot" now lol.

looks like he flipped the hard drives to me...because they dont stick out that much.. he just left a lil room to squeeze the cables in through the back. slick!

Aratech said:
Did anyone notice that the drives arent connected?

I really like that idea im going to have to do that. very inovative!

also if i had a digital camera I'd take pics of my ultra glossy dragon case and componets?

:D

You'll have to cut out a small section in the drive cage though. A bit of work but worth it. I saw someone else with a setup like this and I had to try it.

...man that picture is old!

dynamiks said:
p180%20001.jpg

Here's my P180

That's a nice case... that heat sink looks like a miniture version of a futuristic building. :)

g33zy - I like your superlanboy also. that's the best case in it's class, hands down. imo

yeah, thx...I was a little skeptical at first especially since I wanted the p160 and I was making a decision off the advice of elrolio ;)

He was supposed to be my voice of reason and say g33zy, don't buy it, wait for your p160. When he said pull the trigger I was just like damn.....gotta do it.

Worked out well tho, cause I like it.

HAHH!! yeah, roli - we're doing a combo water cooling project... good cat that guy is. he's a fart smeller... er, smart fella.. ;)

Honestly - your machine looks awesome. very clean, good lighting, very fast (I am sure) and a nice medium form factor. I really like how the drives are turned perpendicular to the side planes. cool stuff.

revenant said:
good cat that guy is. he's a fart smeller... er, smart fella.. ;)
haha, yeah we're good friends from Jamaica, always been a fart smeller.

He tells me about the project you guys working on like EVERYDAY 3 times a day. He's real excited about which im sure you know. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

good luck to you guys!

<3 Chieftec mods :D

Mine's a mod in progress, although saying that there isn't much left to do. My log is here :)

um ive seen the SX600 series with a 120mm exhaust.....well the chenming version that is

btw....

LOVING THAT AMD LOGO ON THE DRAWER!!!!

*ding*ding* gives g33zy an idea!!

N H O said:
um ive seen the SX600 series with a 120mm exhaust.....well the chenming version that is

i tried, didnt work. went with dual 92mm Nexus 19db fans instead. Had to make some holes for em, they work, but will probably have to cut the whole section out and make a new panel.
The 120 wouldnt even fit between the recessed area for the board interfaces and the edge of the case.

dynamiks said:

in pure heat transfer first principle, is it even possible for the heat to rise that far up so the heat sink needed to be that stack? I mean, they do dissipate after it rise pass the 5 or 6th layer. I mean, do you guys really think the last 7 -8 layer is even useful?

boostdemon said:
i tried, didnt work. went with dual 92mm Nexus 19db fans instead. Had to make some holes for em, they work, but will probably have to cut the whole section out and make a new panel.
The 120 wouldnt even fit between the recessed area for the board interfaces and the edge of the case.
yeea well the ones with the 80mm exhaust arent easily moddable to 120mm bc of the lil space they put next to the I/O port but the chenming version of the SX600 series hav the 120mm exhaust

EDIT: posted the wrong link :eek: heres the one i meant to put:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811125486

;)

yeah chop that sucker up and you got yourself some magnificent cooling.

This thread should not include p180's really unless you believe that chieftecs and chenming's are the same as them....but eh even I, humble, humble TVersetti, must admit that the p180 is really sexy.

Happy Hopping said:
in pure heat transfer first principle, is it even possible for the heat to rise that far up so the heat sink needed to be that stack? I mean, they do dissipate after it rise pass the 5 or 6th layer. I mean, do you guys really think the last 7 -8 layer is even useful?
i guess it would be since that monster cools better than the xp120 :p

Damn, Sept 13th was the last post here....

Lemme breathe some life back into this baby....my redone P160

dsc048640vw.jpg

-----

dsc048721wz.jpg

-----

dsc048750oy.jpg

------

dsc048787ka.jpg

----

dsc048975pp.jpg

----

dsc049013gr.jpg