Chief KTA325B triple LCD mount rocks

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
American made and solid as a rock. It arrived in three boxes totaling nearly 40 pounds. Most of that weight is in the base plate.

One piece arrived a little scraped up. Not a huge deal and fixable if I had a paint marker.

mountdamage.jpg

Apologies for the horrible picture. I had to take it blindly, by reaching over the LCD from the front. I thought this design was really cool. The top two holes for the LCD screws are open in the top. This allowed me to leave the screws partially unscrewed and hang the LCD in place before placing the bottom screws and tightening them down. This made building the mount without help much easier.

lcdbackmount.jpg

A shot of the LCD mounts. One tightens to the arm. The other tightens the LCD mounting plate. The plate spins 360 degrees and slides around to adjust the LCD angles.

mountcloseup.jpg

The pole mounting assembly. Probably the only awkward part of the assembly but still easily manageable. Secures tightly to the pole with the included allen wrenches.

mountc.jpg

Fully assembled.

completemount.jpg

LCDs mounted (3 P2310H)

mountcomplete.jpg

Action shot:

room005c.jpg

My cost from Ergo Direct was $341.

I had a hard time getting past the cost, but now that it is up and running on my desk I am happy I purchased it.

I have to say that looks 99% better than most peoples triple monitor setup. Honestly I think $341 for that is a good deal. Just think if it were made in PRC for $150 less I can imagine there would be multiple issues with it.

That looks nice. I found it on www.thenerds.net for $156.99.

I was looking at the mount for my work but since I got laid off, that'll have to wait.

Looks very nice though.

That looks nice. I found it on www.thenerds.net for $156.99.

I was looking at the mount for my work but since I got laid off, that'll have to wait.

Looks very nice though.

Wow, great price. I have the same exact LCDs(P2310h) as the OP so I just ordered the mount myself once I saw that price. Thanks! BTW your setup looks sweet!

Coupon Code TWITTER10 for -$10.

Total:$167.27 after shipping+tax-coupon code

EDIT: Had to cancel order, the KTA325B doesn't include the pole or mount.

Last edited:
Wow, great price. I have the same exact LCDs(P2310h) as the OP so I just ordered the mount myself once I saw that price. Thanks! BTW your setup looks sweet!

I've been looking at this as well. I believe the item on the Nerds site is just the triple mount, not the pole and stand. You would still need to buy those items as well. The OP paid his price for the complete setup.

I've been looking at this as well. I believe the item on the Nerds site is just the triple mount, not the pole and stand. You would still need to buy those items as well. The OP paid his price for the complete setup.

Eh, looks like the order processed before I could cancel it. To anyone going to order from TheNerds.net, make sure you order the pole and base as they are not included. I ordered the KTA1002B Base (38.99) and the KTA1014B Pole (25.99) as well.

Nice setup, how hard is it to rotate the displays to portrait?

It is very easy to rotate the screens. You just loosen the one...screw. I'm not sure what its called. Anyway, loosen it slightly, spin the LCD, then tighten it back down. it is very easy.

Eh, looks like the order processed before I could cancel it. To anyone going to order from TheNerds.net, make sure you order the pole and base as they are not included. I ordered the KTA1002B Base (38.99) and the KTA1014B Pole (25.99) as well.

That still adds up to a better price than what I paid. I'm jealous. What was the total with shipping?

Since I had the TWITTER10 - $10 coupon I ordered everything in seperate orders which basically made shipping free for each part. I live in FL so I had to pay sales tax but here is the cost breakdown after shipping, tax and coupon code:

KTA1014B 14" Pole $27.80
KTA1002B Base $41.71
KTA325B Mount Assembly $171.96
Total $241.47

Do you know size pole came with your mount?

If I can find a way to mount the pole to the wall rather than using the stand, I'll order this. I have a glass top desk and can't use a clamp and don't want the stand. Right now I have individual, cheap mounts I got from monoprice, but they are a pain in the ass to align and readjust.

Since I had the TWITTER10 - $10 coupon I ordered everything in seperate orders which basically made shipping free for each part. I live in FL so I had to pay sales tax but here is the cost breakdown after shipping, tax and coupon code:

KTA1014B 14" Pole $27.80
KTA1002B Base $41.71
KTA325B Mount Assembly $171.96
Total $241.47

Do you know size pole came with your mount?

I ordered the 19" pole which would have increased the price slightly, still, not by $100. Good job finding a great price.

If I can find a way to mount the pole to the wall rather than using the stand, I'll order this. I have a glass top desk and can't use a clamp and don't want the stand. Right now I have individual, cheap mounts I got from monoprice, but they are a pain in the ass to align and readjust.

There are various mounts available. Maybe you can get just the bar and something to mount it to the wall? There has to be something available.

There are various mounts available. Maybe you can get just the bar and something to mount it to the wall? There has to be something available.

You'd think this would be more common, but I haven't found anything yet. Looking at other applications, I have found mounts used for flag poles and such, but never the right diameter.... I may just have to go down to home depot and see if I can rig something up with parts. Perhaps something in the galvanized pipe section....

I just broke down and ordered the base instead of trying to wall mount. Thanks for the coupon code. I used the same approach, placing three separate orders to effectively get free shipping.

KTA325B $156.98
KTA1002B $38.98
KTA1028B $32.98
Total: $228.94

Ordered the 28" pole figuring I could cut it down if it's too long. 14" seemed too short. 28" was the next size up. No 19" option.

ShadowSpawn...

Thanks for posting these pictures. With Eyefinity and Nvidia SS becoming more popular, I would think the monitor companies(bezel's) and monitor stand companies would have been more on the ball...They're doesn't seem to be many different choices out there for triple monitor stands. I like the way you set yours up.

Liquid Cool

You'd think this would be more common, but I haven't found anything yet. Looking at other applications, I have found mounts used for flag poles and such, but never the right diameter.... I may just have to go down to home depot and see if I can rig something up with parts. Perhaps something in the galvanized pipe section....

This is the [H] bro! Mount two 2x4's on the wall, horizontally, one above the other and mount the pipe to them using two pipe clamps. If the 2x4 is too ghetto you could always get a couple of metal L brackets instead. Just make sure the 2x4's or L brackets are bolted to a stud or two.

Ordered the 28" pole figuring I could cut it down if it's too long. 14" seemed too short. 28" was the next size up. No 19" option.

My mistake. It was the 28" pole that I ordered. I don't know why I said 19".

ShadowSpawn...

Thanks for posting these pictures. With Eyefinity and Nvidia SS becoming more popular, I would think the monitor companies(bezel's) and monitor stand companies would have been more on the ball...They're doesn't seem to be many different choices out there for triple monitor stands. I like the way you set yours up.

Liquid Cool

Thanks bro. I first saw this bracket posted in the LCD sticky. I just wanted to give everyone a little more information on it.

This is the [H] bro! Mount two 2x4's on the wall, horizontally, one above the other and mount the pipe to them using two pipe clamps. If the 2x4 is too ghetto you could always get a couple of metal L brackets instead. Just make sure the 2x4's or L brackets are bolted to a stud or two.

:D The thought crossed my mind. Definitely too ghetto. I'll try the base and see how it works out.

EDIT: Had to cancel order, the KTA325B doesn't include the pole or mount.

I just got this monitor stand and Thenerds.net does appear to be the cheapest place to get it. Got all 3 parts for under $227 shipped after using the Twitter10 code. Oh and they had 9.95 shipping that day. So basically when you can get heavy stuff shipped like that for free, thats a LOT of savings!

The arm to pole mount is indeed a bit awkward. I found that adding extra washers ensured a tighter and more secure attachment. Not wanting to risk any slippage after adding the weight of the monitors to the pole arm, I also added two clamps right underneath it. $5 for the pair (2-1/4" max diameter) from the nearby Autozone car parts store.
surroundstandclamps.jpg

This mount is rock solid and looks elegantly simple. The installation and fine tuning of the monitors in relation to each other was a bit of a pain, but once it's done, you just leave it alone and forget it. It just gets the job done and feels rock solid. I'm also glad to know that you can mount even bigger (27" apparently) displays later if you want to so this investment should last me a long while. Like the OP, I would also recommend this mount to anyone wanting a stand for a triple mounter setup.

Last edited:
I have the same books on my desk. Have fun with ICND1 and 2.

Oh and nice mount.

To revive an old thread..

I currently use Monoprice mounts. I'm not happy with them cause my side 24" monitors sag. It is near impossible to get everything to line up straight.

How is this mount? Any sagging? It sounds like it is pretty solid from what I'm reading.

I have this mount - I don't think there is any sag - it's incredibly sturdy, my side monitors are just a few mm below the center screen.

I improved it a lot by using a level and making sure there was no rotation and that they were at perpendicular as possible.

The arm includes some shims/spacers to mount screens with recessed mounting holes and I ended up adding the shims to my side screens even though the holes are flush mounted. This allowed me to put more angle on the side screens and makes them much more comfortable to use.

My screens are LED and very light - I am not sure I would try this with heavier screens.

Sorry my original pictures are gone. I cleared them out awhile ago.

This mount is now used on my sons system and is still very solid. There isn't any sag at all.

I downsized my setup to make travel easier here in Iraq.

Back