Cherry Wood case with Water cooling

At little off subject here but I think you will see where I'm heading.
I took some time off to create a new tool for my wood working. It started off as a minor mod (much like our computer cases) and grew from there. Remember the start:

allgone.jpg

I wanted to have a little better control over my work so I started to design a new and better one.

IMG_0611.jpg

I added the new router fence system from Incra. But the table just didn't thrill me. Sooooooooooo

I found an old table being thrown away with a 1 1/8" top. Now thats my kind of top when its all wood.

IMG_0612.jpg

Created an addition to the table for storing routers and other options. Added some drawers for storage and dumped the 2nd table top for the newest.

IMG_0614.jpg

Aligned the fence to the router insert.

IMG_0616.jpg

Removed all the hardware, sanded the top and added a touch of finish and what did I get?

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Now I can really have some fun here. I will be resuming my quest on my computer case.

Man, I just wish that I was into the whole wood thing.... I never have been, but I can tell you having spent years taking woodshop from middle school through college, I know how much hard time consuming work is going into that! You have some very refined skills!

On a side note, I do love wood working, Ive built several Curio Cabinets for my family, as well as some smaller projects, I just never liked the looks of most wooden cases, perhaps yours will be the one that changes my mind... cant wait to see it finished.

Thank you I hope I can change your mind. I had to take some time off and clear my head. As you can see, I havent given up on it just needed some new toys to try something new. Just for the record I have only taken 9th grade wood shop. Everything else I have learned watching shows like New Yankee Workshop and some how to videos.

... not to mention like with ANY project, having the right tools make it all happen. I love metal working, I just wish that I could afford a Bridgeport mill, and would definitly kill for a nice mill/lathe combo!

... not to mention like with ANY project, having the right tools make it all happen. I love metal working, I just wish that I could afford a Bridgeport mill, and would definitly kill for a nice mill/lathe combo!

I know how you feel. I cant begin to imagine how much it would cost (Bridgeport mill), just don't kill me I don't have a mill/lathe combo LOL. Thank you

I think my friend's dad has a bridgeport mill, and I know he has 2 bigass lathes from the 40s or 50s that he uses to make pipe drifts and stuff.

Not much of an update here. Been real busy with work and family. I had to go to the doctors for passing out. They ran an MRI, EEG and other tests in an effort to find out why. I have had my driving privileges suspended until they can determine what is going on. Needless to say my wife has a heart attack when I fire up any of my tools. I was able to do some work here to get the trim moving forward.

IMG_0624.jpg

After the blanks were routed...

IMG_0625.jpg

They were cut to size and attached.

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Nice-looking new table. Good luck with the health problems, those are never fun.

Looks great man... and I hope you feel better soon. Passing out is no fun......be careful.

Not much of an update here. Been real busy with work and family. I had to go to the doctors for passing out. They ran an MRI, EEG and other tests in an effort to find out why. I have had my driving privileges suspended until they can determine what is going on. Needless to say my wife has a heart attack when I fire up any of my tools. I was able to do some work here to get the trim moving forward.

Well hopefully everything is sorted out with your health. Operating power tools while passing out would NOT be a good thing! Can't wait to see this finished; it's looking GREAT! ;)

subscribed for sure! Amazing work. My dad has owned a cabinet shop for 30 years and I am still amazed at some of things that he can do with wood. This is a really great project and cant wait to see the completed piece! Keep up the good work.

no updates in a while... are you ok? If no updates on your worklog, how about a update on your health?
We care! :)

hey, are you doing ok? I haven't seen any updates and I am wondering what is up. Hope all is well!

agreed, its been almost 3 months and i dont see any updates. Is it finished or did the updates get lost in all the forum updates and upgrades?

Actually,... his health is keeping him from using his machines. This is why he hasn't updated in a while. He randomly passes out for know apparent reason. His wife is afraid he'll get hurt if he mods. Wish him the best.

Actually,... his health is keeping him from using his machines. This is why he hasn't updated in a while. He randomly passes out for know apparent reason. His wife is afraid he'll get hurt if he mods. Wish him the best.

I was afraid that was going to be the case, after reading the post about passing out a while back I assumed that his health was the issue.... tribal, do you know for certain that is the case, do you personally know the OP? I only ask because it would seem he could at least post and give us an update....

Regardless, I hope all is well and improving on the health front, best wishes man.

Case is looking great but sorry to hear about your health. The same thing use to happen to my father, random times when he would pass out. Turned out to be an over prescribed dosage of valium, once they lowered the dosage he stopped passing out.

Best of Luck!!!

My old man was passing out from clogged aorta's cutting off blood flow to his brain

I hope your seeing a doctor

Good luck man

Sweet craftsmanship in this build for sure

I dont know him personally but I talked with him a bit. They dont know what is wrong with him. He keeps passing out. As you said,... he could atleast post something to let us know,... but there might be a slight chance that he is to the point where he cant even do that:( We miss you TG.

I read every page of this worklog, very impressive. Best wishes on your health situation Tale Gunner, I hope you are back posting soon.:)

After a long layoff from working in the shop Im picking back up where I was. Im going to try to finish this thing if it kills me. (lol although I thought it had)

I am really glad to see you posting again!

Honestly man, I hope things are going well for you, I was concerned that things had gone from bad to worse, but it's nice to know that you're okay.

Welcome back!!

amazing job so far. Glad to see you back and posting. Keep up the excellent work - as a person who had trouble with his limited woodworking attempts I can really appreciate this fine work.

Glad to hear you are getting better, do not push yourself to far if this project hurts to much. I am sure we can all wait a bit longer for the master piece to get done the way you want.

Wow. I just read this entire thread and didn't expect it to turn out as it did. I hope your health is improved, gunner, and good luck on the completion of the project. You are certainly blessed with skill and also very hard working.

:cool:

I really hope you are ok. I just thought about this thread today, and I must say I am concerned.

*anyone know him?*

Just started reading through this thread, mod looks interesting and subscribed, hope everything is going okay with tale gunner though since judging by the dates it has been a little while?

Back