Cherry mx Speed

filip

2[H]4U
You think it is worth $110 + tax.
Suppose to be like reds with a shallower actuation point. Always wanted to get reds been using blacks for years any opinions on this? Would I be throwing away my money and end up still using blacks? Let me know what you think about it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a Corsair that has MX Speed switches.

They are extremely sensitive. The actuation point is about 1/4 key travel, maybe even less. I've found I can't even rest my fingers on the keycaps, that is sometimes enough to register as a press. They do feel a bit like reds when you push them all the way, but they actuate much much faster.

If you want a fast stroke - these are it. I don't mind it so much now that I'm more used to it, but when I first got it, it drove me nuts. And my typing speed has gone down a bit because I do a lot more corrections (although my overall accuracy is probably higher now as a result of using it - just not enough to overcome the oops presses that come from just glancing at the wrong keycap).

Thanks for the reply,
Well shit i probably should not get it then, got use to the blacks over the years. They are a lot heavier (you can rest fingers on them with ease) but have the same travel as a red.

Agree totally with everything that Brian said. I would think that Reds would be a much easier transition for anyone who is used to Blacks. They're still a lot lighter, but not nearly as sensitive as Speeds.

That keyboard that you linked to is certainly a good deal at $110 considering that it comes outfitted with the PBT keycaps, though. Those are $50 when purchased separately and will look good for much longer than the ABS caps that Corsair (and many others) tend to use.

I had a K70 with the speed switches and found it very hard to type on as I was constantly getting double hits.
I replaced that keyboard with a K70 MK2 with red switches and have been quite happy with the usability in and out of gaming.

I like the mx speed I have used many including black and red, speed is my current go to

Back