Cherry MX Red or Black better for gaming?

hate to bump an older thread but no point in starting a new one. I just got a CM Storm QuickFire TK with brown keys a few weeks ago and I am not really sure it was the right choice. to be honest it does not "feel" any better than my old cheap HP or Logitech keyboards with non mechanical keys. the keys feel almost too light for gaming so I what should I try next?

Too light? Hmm, if you're wanting to stick to Cherry MX you may want to consider Clear (tactile) or Black (linear).

If you have the know-how and time you can modify the switches in your TK with heavier springs as well; you will need to disassemble the case, desolder the switches and LEDs to remove them from the backplate and individually disassemble them to replace the springs. This is actually a very nice experience and while you are at it you can also modify the backplate/switch housing tops so that they can be individually disassembled w/o breaking the whole board down, as well as lube-modding and even internally dampening the switches.

You've got quite a few options, even in looking into other switch variants.

hate to bump an older thread but no point in starting a new one. I just got a CM Storm QuickFire TK with brown keys a few weeks ago and I am not really sure it was the right choice. to be honest it does not "feel" any better than my old cheap HP or Logitech keyboards with non mechanical keys. the keys feel almost too light for gaming so I what should I try next?

Personally I think the tactile feel is only important if you do a lot of typing. For gaming linear seems to be the best option because you're always hitting multiple keys and being smooth means being fast.

If browns feel too light thenI would reccomend blacks. They tend to always be available

See if you can trade your keyboard with someone. TKL's with browns are always popular.

Back