Checked some of my 'in-game' hours..... Yikes

Back when it was still being played I logged in 2157 hours in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.... :D

Ok, /wrists. I think I had multiple characters in WoW that had over 100 days played. Granted I played for almost 7 years and this is nothing compared to some others I know that played for less time than I did.

My top five from steam:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
631 hrs on record

Team Fortress 2
268 hrs on record

Saints Row: The Third
78 hrs on record

Mass Effect
60 hrs on record

Overlord II
51 hrs on record

Good thing minecraft isn't on that list... I don't want to know.

lol minecraft. My 9 and 5 year old...I'd love to see their /played time on that game. Not to mention the Wii games. Pretty sure my eldest play Super Mario Galaxy 4 or 5 times through at about 75-100 hours each. five year old played Kirby Return to Dreamland about as much.

These times aren't always accurate. Unless you believe I put 279 hours into FarCry 3.

Steam considers the time that the UPlay client was running to be my time in the game.

Seen people rack up 2500 -3000 hours on bf3 for some reason. I'm guessing these people have a bucket to shit and piss in under their desk.

Pfft if only Steam had tracked my playtime back in my CS/CSS days. My xfire clocked Counter-Strike Source at over 1300 hours not counting the times I played without Xfire running. RIght now my highest played is Skyrim with little over 200 hours.

Wow, 1000 hours in Skyrim? Surely you must have multiple characters that have 100%'d the game by now. Or did you mean 100?

nope meant 1000 hrs. Ive played through to at least level 55 about a dozen times trying out different kinds of characters and different critters...

It is good some time to be retired with absolutely nothing to do all day long. And, now with me no longer driving. Even got more time...

Counter Strike Source: 478 Hours
TF2: 100 Hours
GTA4: 163 Hours
Borderlands 2: 68 Hours

Those are the four highest on my steam account. I haven't been gaming a lot lately. I feel my times are higher no some other games but apparently not. I used to play WoW as well. I had a lot of time there on my main probably close to 100 days, and then alt that probably had 50 days. It seems odd to think about all that time I sat there....

My top two are close:

Killing Floor - 89 hours
Titan's Quest Immortal Throne - 90 hours

distant third:

SW:KOTOR - 46 hours

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
803 hrs on record

Borderlands
270 hrs on record

Borderlands 2
264 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead
253 hrs on record

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
128 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas
124 hrs on record

110 hrs on record

Dragon Age: Origins
110 hrs on record

Risen
88 hrs on record

Red Faction: Guerrilla
65 hrs on record

Here is steam. Keep in mind Steam started logging hours played about midway through my account life. I had over 1000 hours loggen in Counter Strike Source before they started tracking hours in steam.

Counter-Strike: Source
611 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
237 hrs on record

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
121 hrs on record

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
0 hrs on record

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
38 hrs on record

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
0 hrs on record

Portal 2
35 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead
31 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2
28 hrs on record

The Sims(TM) 3
27 hrs on record

Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition
24 hrs on record

Counter-Strike
23 hrs on record

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
18.9 hrs on record

Portal
15.1 hrs on record

Crysis
11.8 hrs on record

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
11.1 hrs on record

L.A. Noire
9.6 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
5.8 hrs on record

Half-Life 2
4.9 hrs on record

Team Fortress 2
3.0 hrs on record

Dota 2
2.6 hrs on record

Alien Swarm
1.5 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Source Beta
1.0 hrs on record

Far Cry 2
1.0 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
0.9 hrs on record

SimCity 4 Deluxe
0.6 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto III
0.6 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
0.3 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto IV
0.2 hrs on record

Day of Defeat: Source
0.2 hrs on record

DiRT 3
0.2 hrs on record

Origin

Battlefield 3
2 Hours, 17 minutes

Crysis 3
13 Hours

SimCity
26 Hours

League of Legends
not sure maybe 250 hours?

I had a few months played time in Everquest (1). I used to be big on keeping game time, but eventually I found it impossible to get 100% accuracy so I gave up.

Counter-Strike: Source
1,879 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
829 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2
428 hrs on record

Is there really that much to do in WOW? Ive never played it... heard it was a black hole for time..

There is definitely a lot to do depending on how far into it you want to get. It's a never ending race to the next big thing. I had 211 days of playtime when I quit.

:eek:

That is how I felt every time I realized how many hours I put into Diablo II + III and WOW. lol

Diablo is more of a grinding game and once you beat it, you do the same stuff over and over to find items.

WOW is just never ending. There's always new raids, dungeons, dailies, etc. to do so it really does pull you in and it's hard to stop.

My times from Steam:

Borderlands 2
560 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2
520 hrs on record

Borderlands
490 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead
348 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas
261 hrs on record

Global Agenda
157 hrs on record

133 hrs on record

Gratuitous Space Battles
83 hrs on record

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
74 hrs on record

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
61 hrs on record

Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
46 hrs on record

Torchlight II
43 hrs on record

FTL: Faster Than Light
28 hrs on record

Torchlight
27 hrs on record

The few that always amaze me are

Audiosurf - 541 hours
Call of Duty:MW2 - 2 hours
Skyrim - 3 hours

I thought I was an addict , until I found this thread, it makes me feel better :p

Skyrim - 410 hours

Oblivion - Too many to count

Diablo 2 - Probably over 1000 through the years.

Counterstike - 2000+ easy

WoW - Oh lawds lol

I can now draw the following conclusion: Time spent gaming > time spent with girlfriend. :p

ut3.. somewhere around 800+ maybe more like 1000+.

My recent gametracker history shows nearly 600 but many servers have died so the numbers are gone.

Yes the game is dead! There are still diehard deathmatch players though and we still have fun.

You guys with 100s of hours logged on mutliple games amaze me :0 Do you have jobs?? Oh to be young again..

TF2 - 314 hours
Skyrim - 198
CSS - 197
Fallout 3 - About 36 since I got it on Steam, but there are 80 - 90 hours more before that

That is impressive for that game. I couldn't get into 3. Too much like Gears of War imo, but I play the original religiously.:p

I used UT3 to train my wife to play FPS games. We played it together a lot. I think it's pretty close to being on par with the original, especially if you download the large patch/content update.

lol, I have 49 games in my libray....with a total of, drum roll please:

.9 hours played.

Last edited:
There is definitely a lot to do depending on how far into it you want to get. It's a never ending race to the next big thing. I had 211 days of playtime when I quit.

Very interesting. Might have to give it a look..

thank you

I was wrong about my 1000 hours in Skyrim. Its actually 1,600 hours. I gotta find a new game.

Doesn't Steam count hours even if the game is idle? Plenty of times I'd have a game minimized, including overnight. That's a lot of hours padding the number.

Wow some of you guys play some games!

I think my highest is Dungeon Defenders at ~270hrs and even some of that is padded. I must admit though I probably did have a lot of hours back in my younger days in highschool, early college but don't have anything from steam at that time to check.

I tab out a lot so most of mine are way off. I've been known to leave a game running for 5 days in the back ground before getting back to it. RAM is good yo.

I checked the Steam stats I was wondering about. Steam shows I have twice as many hours on TF2 as the game shows I've played per-character. There may have been some time spent on the item screens and things, but not twice as much.

So, anyone with crazy Steam hours who also minimizes a game a lot instead of closing it may not be as crazy as they think.

Back