Check Out This Xbox One X Tear-Down

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The folks over at Gamers Nexus have posted a really nice tear-down of the Xbox One X. After watching it you can see how well the Microsoft engineers designed the chassis and stuffed so much into a small space. Hopefully the cooling is robust enough to prevent heat failures.

Watch the video here.

The folks over at Gamers Nexus have posted a really nice tear-down of the Xbox One X. After watching it you can see how well the Microsoft engineers designed the chassis and stuffed so much into a small space. Hopefully the cooling is robust enough to prevent heat failures.

Watch the video here.

It's working.

Last edited:
It's there. You just hit the link before I could publish to the front page.

It is a pretty sweet system. I have been enjoying it. The only thing holding it back is its mobile CPU. I am glad the MS took the time to make it repairable.

I have to say after having long hair on a few occasions in my life and now being a no.2 buzzcut fan, it makes me cringe to see guys farting around with hair like that. I have watched a few of his videos and the content is good just the...hair fiddling.

Just put it in a pony tail or cut it off!!!!

Sorry...it's my problem. Deep breath!

It is a pretty sweet system. I have been enjoying it. The only thing holding it back is its mobile CPU. I am glad the MS took the time to make it repairable.

Arguably it would have been even better to design it so it would be less likely to need repair like the Super Nintendo or Vita-TV.

Alarming they bought an Xbone X from a Pawn Shop....not even 2 weeks after its release. Some fuckery afoot no doubt.

Alarming they bought an Xbone X from a Pawn Shop....not even 2 weeks after its release. Some fuckery afoot no doubt.

Anyone who bought the Xbox One X for holiday resale price markup is kinda screwed. They're in stock everywhere. The hype from Major Nelson before the release is now a joke. He was saying 'pre-order this thing because demand is high and they will go out of stock fast'.

In the video he said he purchased the Xbox One S at a pawn shop. Great teardown video imo.

Anyone who bought the Xbox One X for holiday resale price markup is kinda screwed. They're in stock everywhere. The hype from Major Nelson before the release is now a joke. He was saying 'pre-order this thing because demand is high and they will go out of stock fast'.

In the video he said he purchased the Xbox One S at a pawn shop. Great teardown video imo.

Granted the guy doesn't have that many years under his belt.
he is quite humble, investigates and does good stuff unlike many others on the interwebs..
many other techtubers I'm not that fond of :/

They bought an original Xbox One at the pawn shop.

I double checked to see which of you proved me wrong. At first he says "We just bought an old one" (0:45) which I mistook as a old (used) X. But then 1:17 he clarifies it was S model. NoNRG wins.

I saw the video a while back, I think XB1X is very well designed, minimum waste and simple to teardown. I can imagine a water cooling block and SSDs just down the road.

Watch the video here.
The cooling is very effective and surprisingly quiet. It dumps a lot of heat out of the case very quickly. I have not run into any issues so far that could be attributed to overheating. We could credit that to them finally using an adequate heatsink under the hood, with a blower to direct the heat.

No way would a liquid cooled system be made. They would have liability issues through the roof if they released one.

No way would a liquid cooled system be made. They would have liability issues through the roof if they released one.

Sorry, I meant for aftermarket cooling, not from MS. Very true on liability issues if it came factory fitted, let the aftermarket bear the risk. (y)

Back