Check out how Newegg shipped me a motherboard

bbvdd2

Limp Gawd
So I ordered a Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard from newegg two weeks ago. I get free rush shipping with a prefrred account but this was an unheard of shipping method.

I bought an "Open Box" I've done that many times in the past and generally they come in retail boxes with full warranty and all that good stuff. But this particular time it seriously to me by surprise. Not only did they just slap a shipping label on a motherboard whitebox, when it arrived it was a REFURB. It never acted right from day one. Always having BIOS issues and boot issues. Newegg did step up with the RMA and return shipping and some other things. But I just thought those here, like me, who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars a year with that retailer, should see how they are "rushing' your products to you.

Now I know if this was the way I returned an RMA, it would get denied because of inadequate protection as even their RMA return policy stats motherboards need to be packed carefully because they can be damaged in shipping. Well No Duh!

This is now the Second Asus product in less than a month I've had, had to be RMA'd and I've been using their motherboards for over a decade and never had an issue until recently.

lol @ newegg

i'm basically done with them for a while now. a lot of shady tactics on their end last several months.

open box item ? i am not surprised at all. I think newegg even has a clause for this under "open box". I would never buy critical parts open box. Never.

open box item ? i am not surprised at all. I think newegg even has a clause for this under "open box". I would never buy critical parts open box. Never.

I've bought open box from egg before and not seen this. My current board was open box and came in a white box like the op but inside a normal brown shipping container.

Same scenario I got earlier in the year when I bought a Asus Maximus V Gene. 'B' memory slots were not working so sent it back to them to RMA a new board. They came back and said it had socket pin damage which was not the original issue. They made that up and lied about it.

Did a BBB complaint, attorney general complaint, FTC complaint. Also made other who would take my complaint. Nothing was done of course, BBB did sent them a letter. California attorney general did investigate, they said. Received a letter from them though.

Computer geeks like us need to stay away from Newegg. Stop buying from them until they show good ethical customer service, instead of blaming the buyer.

That is the box Asus returns come in. i had one last month that was like this exactly. It was packaged in ANOTHER box with padding. That was just the box the motherboard was in.

Same scenario I got earlier in the year when I bought a Asus Maximus V Gene. 'B' memory slots were not working so sent it back to them to RMA a new board. They came back and said it had socket pin damage which was not the original issue. They made that up and lied about it.

Did a BBB complaint, attorney general complaint, FTC complaint. Also made other who would take my complaint. Nothing was done of course, BBB did sent them a letter. California attorney general did investigate, they said. Received a letter from them though.

Computer geeks like us need to stay away from Newegg. Stop buying from them until they show good ethical customer service, instead of blaming the buyer.

I have seen DOZENS of complaints in the reviews on my particular board about Newegg claiming "Bent Pins" on cpu socket and there are just WAY too many complaints about this as many people had the same complaint of dead memory channels. That wasn't my issue so I'm wondering if they will claim "Bent Pins" I'll just say yeah because you mailed a motherboard without any outer boxing, YOUR FAULT and I have picture to prove it.

I have seen DOZENS of complaints in the reviews on my particular board about Newegg claiming "Bent Pins" on cpu socket and there are just WAY too many complaints about this as many people had the same complaint of dead memory channels. That wasn't my issue so I'm wondering if they will claim "Bent Pins" I'll just say yeah because you mailed a motherboard without any outer boxing, YOUR FAULT and I have picture to prove it.

Take multiple high-res photos of the socket before you send it anywhere. After it is in the mail you have zero evidence to back up and argue it with Egg.

newegg does seem to be bending a lot of pins lately

most disturbing

Back