Cheating in Half Life 2 Multiplayer?

Puterguru

2[H]4U
This may sound like a stupid question but.....

Last night I was playing HL2 multiplayer with my brother and someone else joined the game. I'm certainly not the best at this game but I can hold my own. I would consider myself average to above average. I'm usually in the middle or a little above the middle as far as frags when there is 10 people or so playing.

Anyways, this other guy joins our game and BAM i'm dead. I see him from waaaaaaay across the room and before I could even aim to shoot i'm dead with one fricking shot. This guy did this consistently over and over again.

I'll be the first one to admit when that someone is damn good when I'm getting my ass kicked but I have to ask. Are there any cheats that can enable someone to do this for HL2?

I've never installed a cheat, used a cheat, enabled a cheat of any sort. I thought that most cheats would be more like God mode or give all weapons, health some crap like that but is there one that gives some sort of automatic aiming and BAM, dead, or did I just get my ass kicked?

lol there's always cheaters. lame as it is to do it there's no stopping them. the best thing to do is to heckle them and if you have a clan bring the whole team into the server and just HOUND the bastard. I used to have a team with about 32 people in it and could bring 10-12 at any time for just such a pleasure. hacks or not nobody can deal with that many quality players hunting them down.

Yeah, that is whats called an aim bot. All you do is move around the map and the bot auto aims for you and shoots. lame, been around since the Quake days.

host your own game so you dont have cheaters.

Yeah, that is whats called an aim bot. All you do is move around the map and the bot auto aims for you and shoots. lame, been around since the Quake days.

By aim bot do you mean that's the type of cheat or that it wasn't a real person? I was using my mic in the game with my brother and told him that the guy was cheating. He responded with "Hey man ain't no cheatin here, I'm just the man":rolleyes: So there was definitely a real person playing.

no , its not a bot

aim bot is a program that ''help'' you aim

lol there's always cheaters. lame as it is to do it there's no stopping them. the best thing to do is to heckle them and if you have a clan bring the whole team into the server and just HOUND the bastard. I used to have a team with about 32 people in it and could bring 10-12 at any time for just such a pleasure. hacks or not nobody can deal with that many quality players hunting them down.

Yeah, because people that come on to servers to make people miserable really are devastated by a big group of people trying to insinuate that they're homosexual or cannot play properly. That's not what they joined for at all.

Really, top tip: do not try and heckle them. It only degrades you and makes you seem petulant. Just leave or put up with it silently until they leave, it's not what they want. HOUNDing them is from what they derive their enjoyment, especially if you get a whole clan joining just for the purpose of trying. It's godawful to see.

I remember in Quake 2 if you spectated a guy with a ratbot, you could see exactly how it looked in use. Wild FOV changes back and forth back and forth. Pretty trippy. Funny enough though, even with the bot, we could beat this guy. He had no defense. Not good at movement. We complained to the clan and they did nothing. PRobably because the guy was someones little brother...heh.

Well thanks guys. Wish there was a way to tell. I don't want to accuse someone who's genuinely kicking my ass of cheating but it would be nice to know if they are.

Maybe tomorrow night I'll host a game and some of you guys (who think you're pretty good) can play so I can genuinely see if I'm any good or see if I get my ass kicked. :D

Just add me to your frineds list in HL2 multiplayer. Puterguru.

Counterstrike 1.6 has a problem with invisible players knifing even the most skilled.

Were you playing on a Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) server?

Was the person using the magnum? The magnum can be used as a sort of sniper rifle when you
use the suit zoom key, let go of the zoom key and fire right away. Even without using the suit
zoom key they are people (like me) that can hit enemies from very far away with it.

I think the guy was just very very good. I am the best player in my clan and I often get accused of
being a haxor. I can get more kills than the other team even when I limit myself to using
only the
pistol.

Get me his player name and what sever you were on. If he owns me, he is either a haxor or a
professional player.

Were you playing on a Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) server?

Was the person using the magnum? The magnum can be used as a sort of sniper rifle when you
use the suit zoom key, let go of the zoom key and fire right away. Even without using the suit
zoom key they are people (like me) that can hit enemies from very far away with it.

I think the guy was just very very good. I am the best player in my clan and I often get accused of
being a haxor. I can get more kills than the other team even when I limit myself to using
only the
pistol.

Get me his player name and what sever you were on. If he owns me, he is either a haxor or a
professional player.

I believe it was a VAC server but could be wrong. Does that mean he couldn't have been cheating and I had my ass handed to me?:D
I don't know if he was using a magnum since he was too far away and I died too quickly to tell. The only gun that zooms that I was aware of was the crossbow. Sounds like I need to experiment/play some more.
I don't know his user name sorry. Add me to your friends list, would love to play sometime and see how well I do.

I believe it was a VAC server but could be wrong. Does that mean he couldn't have been cheating and I had my ass handed to me?:D
I don't know if he was using a magnum since he was too far away and I died too quickly to tell. The only gun that zooms that I was aware of was the crossbow. Sounds like I need to experiment/play some more.
I don't know his user name sorry. Add me to your friends list, would love to play sometime and see how well I do.

You can tell what gun was used by looking at the top right of your screen when anyone is killed.

The magnum does not zoom, but there is a key that zooms in so you can see things that are
farther away. You can't fire while you have the key pressed, but if you press the key, put your
reticule on a target, let go of the zoom key and fire right away, you can hit people that are far
away. Practice allows you to snipe using the magnum. You can use this technique with any
gun, but it works best with the magnum because it causes tons of damage in one shot and
it is pretty accurate.

I will add you to my friends list but I do not often stray from my clan's server. You can play on
our server though. All are welcome.

http://www.killazinc.net

r u new to multiplayer?
there will always be hackers. aimbot, walls, i just hope u dont get suprised if u start playin css theres more hacks like flash and smoke hacks.

Multiplayer games are riddled with cheaters, even in competition (probably more so actually).

Just to give you an idea:

http://caleague.com/?division=cssa

And those are just the ones that get caught.

The sheer number of kids that cheat in multiplayer games is mind boggling and why competitive gaming will never be taken seriously (except in Korea, lol).

Just keep playing for fun and ignore it as much as you can.

Back