Cheapest video card that supports dual monitors (4k @60Hz)?

n1losaur

n00b
I just purchased a 4k monitor and realized that my video card does not support full 4k resolution at 60Hz. My new video card will need to be able to power the following:
  • Dell 27" 4k @60Hz
  • Dell 23" 1080p @60Hz

Note that this is my work computer and I will not be doing any graphic-intensive tasks (video editing, watching HD movies, playing games, etc.).

What is the cheapest graphics card that will fit my needs?

Cheapest card at retail with DisplayPort is GTX 750 ti.

Might find something cheaper used, but unlikely.

Last edited:
gtx950 is going ot be your cheapest option.

the 900 series are the only cards out that support hdmi 2.0, which is currently the only option to display 4k@60hz.

gtx950 is going ot be your cheapest option.

the 900 series are the only cards out that support hdmi 2.0, which is currently the only option to display 4k@60hz.

Flat out, no. *Any* displayport manufactured with the 1.2 spec or later will push 4k@60. It's been part of displayport 1.2 since it was released, and yes, DP will pass all of the audio along just like HDMI.

Just about anything made with a displayport connector will get you where you need to go. If it doesn't have a DP connector, then only a 9xx series HDMI will get you there at 60Hz.

Edited. confused by two different Visiontek 5450 models.

Let us know if that DisplayPort actually does 60 Hz :D

Last edited:
Edited. confused by two different Visiontek 5450 models.

Let us know if that DisplayPort actually does 60 Hz :D

Installed the HD 5450 today and hooked up the monitor via DisplayPort. The best this card will do is 3840 x 2160 @30Hz or 2560 x 1440 @60Hz. A prompt popped up that says the card is DisplayPort 1.1a.

Kind of a bummer - guess I'll just need to get used to 30Hz. :(

Back