Cheapest processor that can stream 1080p movie with GPU or without GPU

This would depend on the streaming software. On the linux side users can stream multiple HD streams from an ARM cpu. So you will have to be more specific.

streaming doesn't take much cpu, especially if you have video card decoding or something else to assist. I think it really heavily depends on the codec more than anything.

What is k-lite codec pack?

Incredible hacker/pirate tool used for playing high quality anime, that has been obtained completely illegally from BD rips.

If he has NVidia card, he didn't activate CUVID properly, or he has conflict with MADVR.

Incredible hacker/pirate tool used for playing high quality anime, that has been obtained completely illegally from BD rips.

If he has NVidia card, he didn't activate CUVID properly, or he has conflict with MADVR.

aw come on.... hacker tool?

being a pirate doesn't make somebody a hacker.

Contains everything you need to play all popular audio and video file formats.

Supports playback of:

AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, TS, M2TS, WMV, RM, RMVB, OGM, WebM
MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, OGG, 3GP, AMR, APE, MKA, Opus, Wavpack
and much more!

Player:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema [version 1.6.5.6331]
 DirectShow video decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4505]
- LAV Video [version 0.55.3-73]
- On2 VP7 [version 7.0.10.0]
 DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4505]
- LAV Audio [version 0.55.3-73]
- MONOGRAM AAC decoder [version 0.9.6.0]
 DirectShow audio parsers:
- madFLAC [version 1.10]
- Monkey's Audio (DCoder) [version 1.0]
- OptimFROG (RadLight) [version 1.0.0.1]
- DC-Bass Source [version 1.4]
- AC3File [version 0.7b]
 DirectShow source filters:
- Haali Media Splitter [version 1.11.288.0]
- LAV Splitter [version 0.55.3-73]
- AVI splitter (Gabest) [version 1.6.3.5565]
 DirectShow subtitle filter:
- DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.41.5565.0]
 Other filters:
- madVR [version 0.84.3]
- Haali Video Renderer [version 1.11.288.0]
 Tools:
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 5.4.7]
- Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 5.5]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.61]
- VobSubStrip [version 0.11]
- GraphStudio [version 0.5.0.1]
 Shell extensions:
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 2.1.1]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 2.1.1]

Wow, this definitely wins for the most ignorant/misguided post I've seen all week. Try this one on for size: It is a codec pack that contains all the necessary tools/files to play a wide variety of different file formats, regardless of source. It is NOT a DRM cracking tool or anything of the sort, since files with a wide variety of encoding schemes and codecs can be generated by all types of programs from perfectly legal video sources. So get the hell off your high horse and be helpful

My help ends here if OP is a pirate.

And what help have you provided so far? :rolleyes:

OP: It kind of depends on what your end goal is. If you want to go outside the box you could make the argument that the cheapest way to play back/stream HD content would be some kind of ARM CPU, but you're definitely risking a bit more on that front. Otherwise, any recent x86 CPU that contains an integrated GPU will contain a dedicated decode block that will be able to play back HD content easily. The A4-3300 @ $40 is the cheapest stand-alone CPU on newegg right now that'll do what you want. I paid less than that for an Intel Celeron G1610, which does the job just fine AND uses less power than the AMD. your other options would be to look at some of the motherboards with integrated CPU's like the AMD E-350's and the Intel Atom's of the world. I have an E-350 HTPC and it does a pretty good job, but is definitely getting pushed to the limit on the CPU front if hardware acceleration doesn't work

LOL.

K-Lite is a very comprehensive codec pack.

So assuming op is not a pirate>

Any CPU can stream, probably even a pentium II-300. Just get a hardware encoder card & take the output & feed it to VLC. You don't even need a codec pack for it as you aren't processing the video data (assuming no transcoding).

What in the world? Ummm, no.

OP, do you have a motherboard already, or are you talking theoretically here?

Cheapest = AMD

I recommend 4 cores minimum, 6 or 8 if you can splurge when it comes to Media serving. Again AMD has the cheapest 6-8 cores.

There is no BR to a movie Spirited Away I like, so until Amazon gets the BR I run the the Japanese 1080p HDTV Japanese Rip and stream it with the lossless video settings to my PS3. <3 it! This movie looks AMAZING in 1080p!

AMD Quad Core Llano @ 1.5GHZ-2.5GHZ speedstep can easily serve media files from my experience. But if downloading+uploading stuff, web browser 10+ tabs open or playing facebook games it will lag for this movie. So a 3GHz hex would be ideal if you want it to run in the background smoothly while actively using your pc/laptop imo. You can get by with 4gb ram, 8 better, 12 best for this kind of thing imo.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!

2i8x4zq.png

aw come on.... hacker tool?

being a pirate doesn't make somebody a hacker.
That was a tongue in cheek definition. I basically can't imagine a situation where network access would use 100Mb/s or 1Gb/s line and there would be problems with streaming. I seen however MASSIVE problems with video rendering.

It's true it's the most straightforward way to install codecs on W7 and W8, and these accompanying tools can solve a lot of problems with windows codecs priorities and other.

Cheapest = AMD

I recommend 4 cores minimum, 6 or 8 if you can splurge when it comes to Media serving. Again AMD has the cheapest 6-8 cores.

There is no BR to a movie Spirited Away I like, so until Amazon gets the BR I run the the Japanese 1080p HDTV Japanese Rip and stream it with the lossless video settings to my PS3. <3 it! This movie looks AMAZING in 1080p!

AMD Quad Core Llano @ 1.5GHZ-2.5GHZ speedstep can easily serve media files from my experience. But if downloading+uploading stuff, web browser 10+ tabs open or playing facebook games it will lag for this movie. So a 3GHz hex would be ideal if you want it to run in the background smoothly while actively using your pc/laptop imo. You can get by with 4gb ram, 8 better, 12 best for this kind of thing imo.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!

2i8x4zq.png

Thank you for sharing!!! Is time to build my HTPC :D

Does OP realize he can move 1080p worth of packets with like a pentium pro or less? Maybe even a vm...

Cheapest processor that can stream 1080p movie with GPU or without GPU
Thats like saying how far can you push a car if it runs or not.
With an adequate GPU even 10+ year old CPUs can handle 1080p.

+1 for AMD APU's. Cheap and should be able to hardware decode just about anything. Really their best niche.

-1 for k-lite codec pack. Its a messy abomination held together with generic duct tape. It can sometimes break things that would otherwise play okay. Use something like VLC media player instead.

2.4GHz C2D will guarantee good Blu Ray playback with CPU only
With a well optimised OS, you may get away with down to 1.8GHz.

I know this well because when BD first emerged I struggled to play it and observed the results of others.
I didnt get fully smooth playback until I got an E8400.

Try ffdshow instead of a codec pack.

Back