Cheapest Laptop Shipping Box?

intel

n00b
Hi guys

I need to ship a laptop, whats the cheapest box/way I can get it shipped?

Thanks

Cheapest way would be a USPS flat rate box probably.........however, cheap is not necessarily best....you want to get a box that will have enough room for plenty of packing material...shipping it is one thing, having it get there in one piece is another....saving $5.00 on shipping may end up costing you the price of the laptop if it does not arrive in one piece.

i've shipped few laptops and all in USPS priority box of and all went there without a hitch. if you contact USPS in advanced you can order free kit online (i think it's the first time but don't know) and i sent them for $10 box (online shipping label) though i always drop it off and make them put Fragile sticker on it.

your nearby kinkos will have a laptop box for 10 bucks. While it seems expensive its absolutely perfect for shipping laptops, includes the packing materials and will accommodate all but the big boys.

Just making a note but FedEx stores have a box made for laptops. Padded all around and you can break off chucks to fit from a small 13" laptop to a 17" laptop. Cost roughly $10.

Or you can just bubble wrap the laptop real good.

(Edit: Looks like steelman2202 beat me by seconds heh)

I've shipped in the USPS flat rate box just fine, although a 17" might be too big...

Just dumpster drive some dumpsters around campus and I found at least a dozen laptop boxes from HP, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, etc with various sizes.

Could always try that as well heh.

On the side note: Found two mini fridges (very modern ones not old ones) that works great!

15.6s and 15.4s do not fit in medium flat rates. You can stuff them in there, but it won't be safe. If the laptop is under 15 inches, a medium flat rate USPS box is best.

UPS would be the cheapest method for any larger laptops. UPS does their shipping by weight, not size. Size only matters for really giant boxes. As a bonus, UPS insures up to 100 included with every shipment.

General rule is if it doesn't fit in a flat rate box, then ship UPS. Either use a flat rate box or use any box the laptop fits in. Just pack it well so it does not move and has no edges against the box. I bought rolls of bubblewrap for this, but paper crumpled up works too.

I shipped 50 or so laptops in December back when I tried a refurb business. Zero of them arrived damaged. Shipping prices were always around 6-15.

I've gotten and sent a laptop in the FedEx laptop box before, and it's a good box. You might save on shipping if you purchase it at FedEx/Kinkos and send it via USPS.

I've gotten and sent a laptop in the FedEx laptop box before, and it's a good box. You might save on shipping if you purchase it at FedEx/Kinkos and send it via USPS.

don't know if it's the same now as it was back when I remember reading it - but I believe anything over 4lbs (and doesn't fit in a flat rate box) is almost always cheaper to send via Fedex or UPS.

don't know if it's the same now as it was back when I remember reading it - but I believe anything over 4lbs (and doesn't fit in a flat rate box) is almost always cheaper to send via Fedex or UPS.
Yeah I remember I had kind of a big box and it was like 12lbs and it was gonna cost like 40 bucks to ship from USPS! So I went over to UPS and its been love ever since. Haha that was like 6 years ago.

First off, please DON'T SHOUT IN THREAD TITLES

With that out of the way, I'd second either of the suggestions thus far. I've shipped a lot of cheap 15" and under laptops in medium flat-rate boxes, and for expensive or large things I've tended to ship FedEx ground in either the original shipping box or one of those nice ones they will sell you.

Consider that it's much, much cheaper to ship it correctly in the first place rather than deal with damage

Back