Cheapest Gamer PC - Build it or Buy it??

Klade

Limp Gawd
What do people think is the cheapest mid range gaming PC, one I buy in one piece like an open box model from new egg or one I build myself? I have built my last 4 PCs and its fun , but I did it in the past because it was cheaper. I am on a two year upgrade cycle and with Wildstar coming out soon I find myself unable to go past middling settings settings during beta. So it is time to upgrade.

I saw this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-227-536R

Which made me think that I might be going about it wrong if I build my own. Thoughts?

Well I intend to play wildstar for one. I will probably play some other very popular games when they come out. Whenever elderscrolls gets around to releasing a new version of their game that is not an MMO, or something made by blizzard etc.

The pre built market is only for people who cannot build their own. If you can; you should. Not so much to save money but to get better products for the money you spend.

Always build your own, unless your budget just won't allow for it and you absolutely can not wait until you are in a position to build.

I would look at buying a cheap barebone kit and adding a 750ti video card before I over spent on a prebuilt gaming pc

How much do you want to spend?
What is your gaming resolution?

Do you want ATX,MATX or ITX?

do you live near a micro center? I would start any pc build there since they offer killer deals on cpu + motherboard combos. They will also price match newegg on any in stock equipment

Where a system purchase will score is the cost of the Windows license. The likes of Dell and HP can charge you much less because they get huge volume discounts.

Back