Cheapest (decent) Case with top mounted 120.2 rad mount?

Endgame

Gawd
It looks like an impending house move is going to sideline a case mod project I've been working on (modding an old coolermaster stacker for watercooling). As such, I'm going to need a temporary case that I can mount my new 3570K + swiftech mcr220 in, while I move and get settled in at the new place. Since the case will only be temporary, I don't want to spend a ton on it.

I'm thinking something similar to an Antec 300 (< $75) but with the double 120mm fan mount at the top. Any suggestions?

Hmm, with that suggestion, I started really looking. Now I'm looking at the 400R, the 500R and the Fractal Arc Midi. I'm thinking if I'm already spending money, maybe I should just buy something that I'll enjoy moving systems into and out of for a while.

Here is where I wish [H] had something like a top 5 for things like cases... Any other cases I should give a look to?

Hmm, with that suggestion, I started really looking. Now I'm looking at the 400R, the 500R and the Fractal Arc Midi. I'm thinking if I'm already spending money, maybe I should just buy something that I'll enjoy moving systems into and out of for a while.

Here is where I wish [H] had something like a top 5 for things like cases... Any other cases I should give a look to?

Corsair 500R in white is an awesome case though $100 is the lowest i've ever seen it.

The 500R is nice, though after reading a pair of reviews, I'm not sure its exactly what I'm looking for. I figured, hey, if I'm going to use some old WC hardware for the time being, why not use my old black ice extreme 120 rad as well. The external ports on the Corsair 400 and 500 are oddly placed and I'm not sure an interior mount would be the best place for it. I think the Arc Midi is my leading candidate, though those corsair cases sure look nice :D Wish I had the cash to buy like 10 cases, try them all out, and then go with what I liked the most.

Have you checked the Antec P280? Not sure if it is the right case for any rad, but sure has two top fan mounting spots and lots of interior space. As for the cost, I bought mine recently for 110$ CDN (roughly the same 110$ in US).

500R fits regular radiators fine up top. You can fit fans on the inside pushing air out. My RX240 is just too thick so I had to mod the top panel to fit around it (it sticks out of the top). You could also fit a 120 in the front pretty easily by moving the hdd cage back. Overall, I've been really pleased with my 500R. It's a great modder's case!

dsc2213o.jpg

The Arc Midi will fit pretty much any thickness radiator and push fans inside the case. Only real limitation is there are only two drive bays. It's also a great case.

Corsair 300R would be cheapest option.
You may also look at 400R, 500R.

Back