Cheapest card available for 4k 60hz office work

theplaidfad

Lurker
Hi there,

I need to get a bus-powered video card that has a DisplayPort so I can output 4K at 60hz on my monitor at work. Can somebody point me to the cheapest options available to me?

TYIA

Thanks, that's a start. I'll try to find one used. Not looking to spend that much on a computer that doesn't belong to me.

You won't find one cheaper than a 750 Ti. That's because the 1030 is SLOWER than the 750 Ti, so it's maintained it's price. The 750 Ti was the first bus-powered inexpensive card with 4k support.

This is a 4k gift from Nvidia. Up until this point, no vendor made a bus-powered low-profile 4k@60 card without the Quadro price premium.

Your other option from team Red is an RX 550, but those are more expensive. They're bus-powered, but since they use twice the power they're not passive-cooled.

It amazes me how you 4k people bitch. Before this, you we expected to spend at least $100-120 on a video card.

Last edited:
It amazes me how you 4k people bitch. Before this, you we expected to spend at least $100-120 on a video card.

4k 60 is supported on Intel's newer integrated graphics as well. Although I only discovered this convenient fact when my 980ti crapped itself.

4k 60 is supported on Intel's newer integrated graphics as well. Although I only discovered this convenient fact when my 980ti crapped itself.

Haswell desktops and onward, if your motherboard has a displayport.

If you're not buying new the gt1030 is much cheaper than a CPU/ram/mobo upgrade.

Last edited:
Back