Cheapest bubble wrap?

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
I am on my last roll of 3/16" bubble wrap and my usual supplier has jacked up the price. I used to order 700' from an Amazon seller for $21 shipped, but everyone seems to have jacked the price up to $32 for some reason.

Where do you guys get yours from? With COVID being a thing I'm not about to go harass local business in person to give me their scraps.

I am sure there is some seedy direct-sales website I can order this stuff from at good prices. As an example, I order air pillows for void fill from discountairpillows.com.

I'm a FS/T junkie and I need to feed my habit.

I just use sales papers, or reuse the bubble stuff from amazon if I haven't tossed it. But I suppose if you're ordering 700' at a time, that may not sate your need. lol

I looked around and couldn't find anything that beat that Amazon price. You might just have to pay the piper. A 50% increase sucks, but $32 is still the cheapest I could find for 700 sq/ft of the stuff. Pretty sure I bought the same item as you and it lasts a long time unless you're shipping a -lot- of stuff. If this is the first time that you've needed any since Covid was a thing, then I'm guessing another box of that stuff would last you quite a while.

Scalper needs bubblewrap for shipping. Don't help him out.

/s
LOL if I was a scalper I could afford retail. :)
I looked around and couldn't find anything that beat that Amazon price. You might just have to pay the piper. A 50% increase sucks, but $32 is still the cheapest I could find for 700 sq/ft of the stuff. Pretty sure I bought the same item as you and it lasts a long time unless you're shipping a -lot- of stuff. If this is the first time that you've needed any since Covid was a thing, then I'm guessing another box of that stuff would last you quite a while.
Yeah, I figured as much. Generally a 700' order lasts me six months to a year, maybe longer. There is one local place I can call, but I'm guessing they want me to order 4,000' or something nuts.

There are some heavily discounted items at Grainger.

Here's an example.
1607200680840.png

What is Grainger smoking? I know this is three big boxes, but still... I've had TVs delivered via LTL freight for less.

View attachment 306703
Due to the large physical size they have to ship it via a pallet generally which means freight that service starts at about 100$ if you need a lift gate.
We encountered the same thing with uline and some giant bags of packing peanuts.

30$ for 700 feet still seems like a decent deal to me, but I dont ship that often I guess.

Last edited:
Due to the large physical size they have to ship it via a pallet generally which means freight that service starts at about 100$ if you need a lift gate.
We encountered the same thing with uline and some giant bags of packing peanuts.

30$ for 700 feet still seems like a decent deal to me, but I dont ship that often I guess.
Heck, I would give it away. We get tons at work every day.

I am on my last roll of 3/16" bubble wrap and my usual supplier has jacked up the price. I used to order 700' from an Amazon seller for $21 shipped, but everyone seems to have jacked the price up to $32 for some reason.

Where do you guys get yours from? With COVID being a thing I'm not about to go harass local business in person to give me their scraps.

I am sure there is some seedy direct-sales website I can order this stuff from at good prices. As an example, I order air pillows for void fill from discountairpillows.com.

I'm a FS/T junkie and I need to feed my habit.

Order cardboard tubes and tell them that you want them bubblewrapped so they aren't damaged

Back