Cheap Windows Label

Aztlan

2[H]4U
ok.. it has been long since I bought my last OS

I bought Windows Xp pro way back then.. and the label you put on the exterior of the case was of plastic feel...

but now I get vista.. and the label feels cheap.. made out of paper..
it can be easily be ripped apart..

the question to microsoft is why... is just a little sticker.. and they have gone cheap there lol

Actually,the xp ones are like that now as well.

The plastic ones are long gone and there have been a few other revisions between those and the now "paper" like ones.

The new ones do hold up decently well though even though they seem like they wouldn't.

Do these stickers come in the retail boxes of XP?
Retail stickers are usually attached to the folder. OEM aka system builders stickers, are now a funny shaped deal with a silver string thru the center.

Actually,the xp ones are like that now as well.

The plastic ones are long gone and there have been a few other revisions between those and the now "paper" like ones.

The new ones do hold up decently well though even though they seem like they wouldn't.
Maybe that string is real silver:D :D

Retail stickers are usually attached to the folder. OEM aka system builders stickers, are now a funny shaped deal with a silver string thru the center.
I'll have to check on Ebay for some. I normally stick my processor sticker on the front of my case.

lol, its not a XP sticker we are talking about. Its the COA that is a sticker with the product key on it. It really is your XP license.

I see...I misunderstood. I thought you guys were talking about the types of stickers that come on the keyboards on laptops, such as the new Vista Capable stickers. I could use a few of them for some systems I'm building for other people.

Gotcha, I have no idea where you find those stickers, I have never had one come in an OEM or Retail pack.

I think they are more on the hardware side as they usually are the "XP Compatible" type stickers.

Back