Cheap tablet for my kids to play Roblox

bAcKpAiN

Limp Gawd
Title says it all, I am on a very limited budget but looking for some suggestions for some tablets to get my two kids for Christmas that would be decent platforms to play games on and watch netflix. Both kids are obsessed with Roblox but our devices at home are limited. The older laptops won't run it, and I don't want them on my desktop because I don't want anything destroyed.

I have absolutely zero experience with any tablets other than the original kindle fire. It was a decent tablet for the price but the separate marketplace and separate App experience has turned me off to their products.

Would this play games like that?

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/t...ab-e-lite-7-0-8gb-wi-fi-white-sm-t113ndwaxar/

Again, my knowledge is limited of tablets, any input would be appreciated.

OMG... That tablet is Android 4.4! I wouldn't even recommend that tablet in 2013! Android tablets are as good as dead right now. Get a Chromebook if you don't want another Fire tablet. Fire is the only cheap tablet that's based on Android that has support right now.

Would a Chromebook play games like Roblox? That is all that matters in the eyes of a 10 year old LOL. In fact they would like the laptop look. I just don't want to get something and it be a huge disappointment.

No idea. Chromebook just recently do Android apps. But as for tablet recommendations, you have the Amazon Fire and Apple iPad. Those are essentially your only choices now. There are also cheap windows tablets too.

According to the game's page it requires Android 4.1 and up so it will technically work, but I would still avoid a tablet that old. Keep in mind that the current release of android is 8.0

Amazon app store has Roblox. You could just get a 7 inch Fire for cheap. I got 3 for the kids last year for like $30 each with their Black Friday sale, and I have seen then have other sales throughout the year for close to the same. You can install google services on them relatively easily if you want, but I actually prefer the more limited store for the kids.

Amazon app store has Roblox. You could just get a 7 inch Fire for cheap. I got 3 for the kids last year for like $30 each with their Black Friday sale, and I have seen then have other sales throughout the year for close to the same. You can install google services on them relatively easily if you want, but I actually prefer the more limited store for the kids.

That is what I think we are going to do. My reservations with amazon are from so long ago I am sure they have broadened their horizons with their app store. I was just really miffed because I bought my kindle fire years ago for productivity. Having my kindle books plus access to documents and stuff seemed pretty awesome. Then I realized there weren't any decent apps at the time that worked with the programs I use most on PC. Hopefully there will be more to interest a kid available lol.

Back