Cheap Quads for Canadians

unclewebb

[H]ard|Gawd
Usually Canadians get screwed over. We can only look at the Newegg prices but they never ship up here so we're screwed.

Not this time. NCIX out of Vancouver has great service and cheap shipping and they've just listed the Q6600 at $289 CDN which beats the Newegg price.

There's still no guarantee that you'll get a G0 stepping unless you call them up and ask for sSpec Number SLACR.

If you don't want to take your chances then how about an E6750 for only $206.99 CDN. I don't need one but at that price I sure as hell want one! Maybe one of each just to see what they'll do. :D

3.92 GHz with the OEM cooler should put a smile on anyone's face.

NCIX does well. Best thing is I can walk over there and pick one up in person tomorrow morning :p

I don't think the Q6600 can be sold at this price and shipped until Monday so you don't have to set your tent up on their doorstep.
At least not tonight!

im honestly buildinga computer right now.. i got everything but the cpu in my chopping cart.

debating on going Quad / E6850 / E6750 :( grrrrrrr

im honestly buildinga computer right now.. i got everything but the cpu in my chopping cart.

debating on going Quad / E6850 / E6750 :( grrrrrrr

Yeh given all the threads you've put up i think you'll make the right choice. :D

Oh and the E6750 is for $206.99 not $212.99 hope that helps.

I also feel happy to be Canadian for once and this deal is coming from one of the best stores in Canada, period !!

Ordered mine :D

Wow, ncix Canada? One look at the site and all I can say is Tiger.ca. What a rip off in prices.

NCIX
vs
ComputerCanada
vs
Filtech

CanadaComputers and Filtech always have good prices and they are in Toronto. I have no clue why you're saying us Canadian always get rip off.

If you don't pax taxes when buying at NCIX than I guessed they are pretty much the same prices.

$266 USD should be around $280 CAD

I don't think the Q6600 can be sold at this price and shipped until Monday so you don't have to set your tent up on their doorstep.
At least not tonight!

omg i just came back from the ncix store in vancouver... got there 20min before 10, and the line up was like... 2 blocks long? LOL, came home without trying =/

Wow, ncix Canada? One look at the site and all I can say is Tiger.ca. What a rip off in prices.

NCIX
vs
ComputerCanada
vs
Filtech

CanadaComputers and Filtech always have good prices and they are in Toronto. I have no clue why you're saying us Canadian always get rip off.

If you don't pax taxes when buying at NCIX than I guessed they are pretty much the same prices.

NCIX Is the best hands down and I will tell you why. You see all those 'Toronto' based low prices. Well NCIX will pricematch to any advertised lower price within Canada so you are now getting that lower Toronto based price. This is fantastic when ordering a system as usually you need to go to multiple stores to get the lowest price on all your parts as very rarely does one store have the lowest price on all parts you need. Second of all in Toronto you need to pay 14% tax, if you buy from NCIX only 6%. You don't need to pay PST as you aren't purchasing from within Ontario. You are now getting the lowest price advertised in canada but also saving 8% on top of that. Thirdly, Toronto based Computer shops charge a 3-4% surcharge for buying computer parts on your credit card. NCIX has NO credit card surcharges so you are saving even more. Ordering from NCIX means you get everything hand delivered to your house without even having to leave it which again saves on time and gas (which we all know is high) from driving around to multiple stores to get all you need due to pricing and availability. Shipping is free if you go through their directcanada.com guise and if not shipping is very cheap. Usually an entire box of parts is only $15 from them to me here in Brampton which is far less than the 11% extra I would be charged between PST and surcharges if I bought locally. NCIX very often offers promotions, free gifts with purchases, combo and bundle deals etc which local shops rarely, if ever do. The best part of NCIX is their warranty. Most local shops only offer 7 days on purchased parts just to be sure it isn't DOA right out of the box. If it breaks after that you are on your own. NCIX has minimum 30 days straight exchange on problem parts and best yet 1 full year on ALL OEM products. Good luck getting an OEM hard drive or optical drive just to have it die on your in 9 months time. I highly doubt your local shop is going to take it back after that much time or at best will make you wait will they send it to the manufacturer for you. NCIX will ship you one from their inventory with shipping on them within that time frame. All you have to do is send your old one back. If these reasons don't compel you enough to try NCIX over your beloved Toronto shops than nothing will.

NCIX
vs
ComputerCanada
vs
Filtech

NCIX i find is on the whole cheaper then Tigerdirect.ca.

NCIX has some pretty good prices sometimes & quick shipping to AB. That place & Memory Express are the only places I shop for computers parts with the occasional order from Bigfootcomputers.

NCIX has some pretty good prices sometimes & quick shipping to AB. That place & Memory Express are the only places I shop for computers parts with the occasional order from Bigfootcomputers.

NCIX has great shipping anywhere.

Once i ordered at 3AM and had it delivered that afternoon. I live in winnipeg wich is nowhere near thier warehouses.
Ordering corporate orders is a nitemare though

and BTW: Bigfootcomputers shut down thier website on the 30th of June.

NCIX Is the best hands down and I will tell you why. You see all those 'Toronto' based low prices. Well NCIX will pricematch to any advertised lower price within Canada so you are now getting that lower Toronto based price. This is fantastic when ordering a system as usually you need to go to multiple stores to get the lowest price on all your parts as very rarely does one store have the lowest price on all parts you need. Second of all in Toronto you need to pay 14% tax, if you buy from NCIX only 6%. You don't need to pay PST as you aren't purchasing from within Ontario. You are now getting the lowest price advertised in canada but also saving 8% on top of that. Thirdly, Toronto based Computer shops charge a 3-4% surcharge for buying computer parts on your credit card. NCIX has NO credit card surcharges so you are saving even more. Ordering from NCIX means you get everything hand delivered to your house without even having to leave it which again saves on time and gas (which we all know is high) from driving around to multiple stores to get all you need due to pricing and availability. Shipping is free if you go through their directcanada.com guise and if not shipping is very cheap. Usually an entire box of parts is only $15 from them to me here in Brampton which is far less than the 11% extra I would be charged between PST and surcharges if I bought locally. NCIX very often offers promotions, free gifts with purchases, combo and bundle deals etc which local shops rarely, if ever do. The best part of NCIX is their warranty. Most local shops only offer 7 days on purchased parts just to be sure it isn't DOA right out of the box. If it breaks after that you are on your own. NCIX has minimum 30 days straight exchange on problem parts and best yet 1 full year on ALL OEM products. Good luck getting an OEM hard drive or optical drive just to have it die on your in 9 months time. I highly doubt your local shop is going to take it back after that much time or at best will make you wait will they send it to the manufacturer for you. NCIX will ship you one from their inventory with shipping on them within that time frame. All you have to do is send your old one back. If these reasons don't compel you enough to try NCIX over your beloved Toronto shops than nothing will.

Took the words RIGHT out of my mouth !!!!!!!!!! One of the best posts ever here.In Canada NCIX is THE best computer parts reseller,period !! Incredible bend over backwards customer service as well.

I'll second or third that motion. I live 600+ miles away in a small town and they can get stuff to my door, often times, in less than 24 hours and always before lunch time. I've been using them for years without ever having a problem. Their shipping costs are less than what it costs me for gas to drive to the nearest city which is only half an hour away.

Second of all in Toronto you need to pay 14% tax, if you buy from NCIX only 6%. You don't need to pay PST as you aren't purchasing from within Ontario.

Technically you do have to pay the Ontario sales tax. It's just that NCIX doesn't have to collect it and it's up to you to pony up the money for the Treasurer of ON.

The only people that do are those that get audited regularly or have a business that is subject to an accountant squaring up accounts. Everyone else "forgets".

NCIX is a great Canadian company, but don't rag on the Toronto vendors, Canadacomputers sells hardware at very competitive prices, often beating NCIX'es prices, and they also ship next day flat rate. Having dealt with both companies canadacomputers is faster, but both companies are solid!!

Who said Canadians get ripped off? Get you're head out of you're ...

Just walk down Spadina and College Ave. downtown Toronto

Or order from the many solid Canadian vendors, lol.

That is a good price though :)

Whoever brought up tigerdirect.ca should die .. sorry :D

I have shopped at Canada computers and NCIX and although CanadaComputers is pretty good I would have to say NCIX is better...especially customer support,if you ever have to call CanadaComputers make sure you know Chinese because every time I called I could barely understand what they were saying.I have to say besides the bad English they did try and help me as best they could though.

When I called NCIX about price matching my processor the woman I was talking to was very clear and was double checking my order on her computer with in a couple of minutes.

In no way am I putting down Canadacomputers they are good and they usually have better shipping rates.

I just ask for the same guy when i call Canadacomputers :). His name is Mark, he speaks english good (better then that sentence anyways =P)

NCIX is fu**ing gawd to us canadians.

<3 NCIX

Yup ! :D

Well I thought I could hold out for a few weeks and then see what the average oc's were,as well,as by then the G0's would be out in the wild and we'd see a lot of oc' info from the various enthusiast sites,but a few hours ago I broke down and ordered a Q6600 (289 Cdn) + Asus P5K-Deluxe (233 Cdn) + Thermaltake V1(43.98) with Express delivery from NCIX.

It'll be here come Tuesday....

:eek: :D

I'm seeing 'G0 Stepping' written everywhere. What does that mean?

Stepping is basically a series of a certain processor.

G0 is the new stepping for C2D and C2Q. They are supposed to use less power and create less heat. Essentially if your an overclocker, then G0 is what you want.

I'm seeing 'G0 Stepping' written everywhere. What does that mean?
G0 refers to a revised stepping for the Core 2 Duo and Quad processors. If you fire up CPUz you will see that the previous processors were either B2 or L2 for Core 2 Duo or B3 for the Q6600. The B2 was a great stepping which is the one that first came out in retail last year. The L2 was not as good.

The retail G0 dual cores can overclock to 3500 MHz and be Orthos stable on the appropriate board at default voltage which is better than the revision B2 processors could do. Less voltage for the same MHz means that clock for clock they'll run cooler.

Less heat is a good thing, especially for the Q6600. Intel has also increased the maximum rated Tcase temperature that these processors can run at reliably by 11C for the new G0 Q6600.

G0 = better processors for less money. They are worth waiting a couple of days for. I'd wait or shop at a place like Tank Guys that will guarantee shipping you a G0 stepping processor.

I want evidence that the g0 Quad performs better then the B3.

Eva2000 has shown that the b3 stepping quad has a lot of potential.

I dont want to speak for other people, but he has a few posts showing his quad all the way upto 3.9ghz.

I think he has it set though for 3.5ghz

which is still pretty impressive :) But does not mean every Quad will do this ;)

I'll have to agreed with you on that about customer supports and return policy. Canada Computers is pretty shit about their return policy.

The only reason is that I just hate the idea of ordering online. Your stuff gets bang around and how can you prove that it never arrive to your door? That's my main concern about ordering online.

Damn, the only store that I see right now in Toronto that have their price chopped are http://www.icct.ca/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22&sort=0&page=2 and http://www.pcvonline.com/ but it's for $320=$370 Ontario Tax!! Ugh! I pretty much guessed all other stores will have it around $300.

NCIX is good, but recently TigerDirect has been giving them a run for their money. I recently purchased an 8800 GTS (640MB) from TD and it was a full $50 cheaper than at NCIX. That was before taxes, and it was NOT on sale. Plus I got a rebate.

Look at the graphic cards on NCIX, then go to TD. Tell me you don't see a major price difference there.

I want evidence that the g0 Quad performs better then the B3.

With the official launch of the retail G0 Quad on Monday, it's going to take some time for average users to start reporting their overclocks.

There's always going to be some over lap where a good B2 or B3 will be able to beat a bad G0 but I think the average G0 is going to be better.

There are already reports on the [H]ard forum of Core 2 Duo G0 processors hitting 3500 MHz to 3600 MHz Orthos stable at default voltage. After a year in production, I haven't heard of many or even any B2 processors that can do that. My early B2 E6400 has no trouble running 3600 MHz but it sure can't do that, Orthos stable, at default voltage.

Good to see that Tiger Direct is competitive with graphics cards. NCIX still has them beat though because of faster / cheaper shipping and they price match their competitors.

You can't really say one store has the best price -- if you search with shopbot.ca/ you'll see that the best price could be at tigerdirect, directcanada, ncix or some hole-in-the-wall place you've never heard of. BTW, directcanada also has Q6600s for $289 and free shipping on orders over $300 -- though they're still listing B3 stepping.

As for the guy who didn't like shopping online because the stuff "gets banged around" . . . how do you think products get to retail stores? Teleportation? :p

Back