Cheap Quads for Canadians

SLACR is G0 but I didn't see anything in my invoice. Where is this specified ??

EDIT : Nevermind, mine is also specified :D

Code:
 22211 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box 1 
    Barcode:  22211 156996 132 S/N: BX80562Q6600SLACR 07-23-07 02:45 PM

Also, a NCIX administrator made 2 comments worth considering : Before the weekend sale, they can count the Q6600 stock with both hands and toes. He also said that while they cannot guarantee a certain stepping, he said that most buyers will be pleased. This is a very very strong indication of a G0 stock and I believe the chances is now over 97% getting a G0 Q6600 so get them while stocks last.

Good to see you also 'won the lottery' :D lol Its on the truck,according to Puro's website.Usually the driver shows up around 10:15 am,no sign yet. :(

*waiting impatiently* :eek:

Good to see you also 'won the lottery' :D lol Its on the truck,according to Puro's website.Usually the driver shows up around 10:15 am,no sign yet. :(

*waiting impatiently* :eek:

Same for me, it's on the truck but they come here usually around 1:30 - 2:00 PM here.

Sorry sir, I have not stepped foot in Canada for two years, so I don't care much to keep up with Stephen Harper ;)

For some reason, I interpreted your comment as meaning that you live in Canada but wanted to fake it as if you didn't. I know folks that do that (e.g. keep a mailing address in a US border city) to avoid tax.

But thanks for the heads up.

That's my point - some folks would be disappointed if they assumed the rebates were still available.

PC VIllage in Toronto on Yonge have the 4 Q6600 left in stock but it's the B3 SL9UM. So that's a disappointment.

Seems like all the stores in TO are selling them for $320 which totally suck. I might just suck it up and wait until it drop under $300 because there's no way I'm that willing to paid $365 with tax for it at the moment.

PC VIllage in Toronto on Yonge have the 4 Q6600 left in stock but it's the B3 SL9UM. So that's a disappointment.

Seems like all the stores in TO are selling them for $320 which totally suck. I might just suck it up and wait until it drop under $300 because there's no way I'm that willing to paid $365 with tax for it at the moment.

You wanted a G0 badly ? Order from NCIX since me and Manny Calavera got a G0 (I just received the package and it's CONFIRMED SLACR).

Infonec in Downtown Toronto (132 Dundas St. W) or in their Markham Head Office location: $299. With tax, it comes to $340

Same for me, it's on the truck but they come here usually around 1:30 - 2:00 PM here.

I oredered mine 15 minutes after the sale started on friday and it hasnt even shipped yet :(
consider yourself lucky that yours has been shipped.

Infonec in Downtown Toronto (132 Dundas St. W) or in their Markham Head Office location: $299. With tax, it comes to $340

Yes I know. I've called the one in Toronto and they don't have any in stock. So can you tell me what version that you got. Is it a B3 SL9UM or a G0 SLACR stepping? I've call most of the Toronto stores and all they have in stock are the old B3 version. Filtech might have the SLACR tomorrow.

Finally pull the trigger and bought the Q6600 but it's a B3 SL9UM stepping. :(

Bought it for $340.86tax($299) at Infonec Computers in Toronto on Dundas.

If you people wants to wait for another couple weeks, G0 might be coming in. Hopefully or else try the NCIX.

So true - damn you NewEgg! :(

No damnit noobs!! Go to NCIX, CanadaComputers, DirectCanada, or walk downtown Toronto (and the same is probably true in Vancouver), and you'll find prices equal, if not often better then those seen on NewEgg.

Canadians aren't screwed whatsoever, some of us just seem to be retards that don't know where to look!!!!!!

Directcanada is now reporting all new SLA (that's G0) 6600s.

The bad news is that since this morning the price has gone from $294 to $320.

S[H]ady;1031306414 said:
I oredered mine 15 minutes after the sale started on friday and it hasnt even shipped yet :(
consider yourself lucky that yours has been shipped.

Well, that's even worse than me- I ordered an E6850 last Wednesday from NCIX that hasn't been shipped yet-but I only live 4 hrs. away from their warehouse:(
Sure glad I wasted my money on Express shipping:mad:

i ordered my rig in sig on saturday. its been 6 days. Uhhhggg getting impatient.

when you spend $1700 youde expect faster shipment ::p

No damnit noobs!! Go to NCIX, CanadaComputers, DirectCanada, or walk downtown Toronto (and the same is probably true in Vancouver), and you'll find prices equal, if not often better then those seen on NewEgg.

Canadians aren't screwed whatsoever, some of us just seem to be retards that don't know where to look!!!!!!

Well said.

i ordered my rig in sig on saturday. its been 6 days. Uhhhggg getting impatient.

when you spend $1700 youde expect faster shipment ::p

Well they shipped my E6850 today, won't see it until Monday, but at least its on it's way.
I hope they shipped your stuff out today too-that 8800 Ultra is a sweet card, and best price I've seen on them yet.
That's going to be one fast system:cool:

What the hell, ncix is up to $340 for the q6600 now. I'm starting to wish I hadn't decided to wait a few weeks for a pretty-much-guaranteed G0.

Retail is almost always more expensive due to the 14% tax required as compared to Newegg which is American based so is tax free if I recall on e-tail, they would only be competitive if you somehow got them to waive the tax.

Newegg usually has good prices but on products in good supply, they are typically ScrewEgg at launch due to the initial demand on products, but I can't fault them for trying to make money can I? :p

What the hell, ncix is up to $340 for the q6600 now. I'm starting to wish I hadn't decided to wait a few weeks for a pretty-much-guaranteed G0.

If you go to their weekly sale you can still get it for $309.99 and if you order a few more parts like a motherboard, etc. they will take another $20 off. They do this so other retailers don't come in and buy a box of Q6600 processors at a good price. They'd rather sell enough parts to build an entire computer with every processor they sell so they can make some money. The margin on CPUs is pretty small.

Luckily I've been shopping almost exclusively at NCIX for years or else you guys would be making me feel like a retard about now. :D

I just get pissed off at American companies like NewEgg that don't ship to Canada. We're not Iran or Iraq or some other country full of nuts. I'm glad that by starting this thread about NCIX that some of our neighbors to the south have been able to get their hands on a high clocking G0 Q6600.

I tried the bundle thing at ncix but it wouldn't give me a discount with a total order price of $500, it must need $500 in addition to the cpu. And that ain't gonna happen. The stealthy special price still isn't too bad I guess, though depending on what you're ordering it might be better to pay $320 at directcanada and get free shipping.

Sometimes dealing with NCIX is more of a hassle than anything. A friend just ordered a HTPC, everything was listed as in stock and chose express air shipping. After 4 days of not getting the shipped email, he called them. One of the things he ordered wasn't in stock. They said they would overnight his order. Got it 2 days later.

I remember ordering a G15 keyboard just after Xmas... and having them take a week to process the order. Called them up and they said they were busy. Sorry, when you advertise EXPRESS shipping, don't take a week to process orders. Keep up with that style of customer service and you won't be busy for long!

I just ordered an Antec P182 and a Corsair hx520 from Canada Computers. Guess I'll see how quickly they process orders and get them out the door. $9.99 flate rate shipping for a case ain't too shabby!

And here in NB, we get tagged for HST no matter where we order from. All major vendors have been slapped by the NB gov for not collecting taxes :mad:

Don't get me wrong, friends and myself have done many orders over the years with NCIX and haven't had any real problems. Other than the long processing times on rush orders :p

i'd call to confirm,as its says g0 in the heading,but the specs say B3.
I got my G0 from them, they've been reliable in my experience. I don't see any B3 reference on that page, the item is Box G0 stepping (BX80562Q6600SLACR).

And price is down to $285 now :)

Back