Cheap PCI SATA card recomendations?

Rune75

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I'd like to buy a good (read: cheap) PCI based SATA card. Needs 2 connections but 4 would be nice also IDE is not needed. SATA 150 or better and must accept 400GB hard drives. Wow, this sounds like some strange personals ad. Anyways, I just need something to tide me over until I buy my new mobo/cpu. Any recomendations?

A Silicon Image 3112 or 3114 card will be $20 or $30 on Newegg. They work fine.

The only place I see Silicon Image 3112 or 3114 is built on motherboards... Newegg and pricewatch doesnt even list Silicon Image as a brand they sell... am I missing something?

I would try to get a SIIG card. you can get a 2 port for around 40 including shipping or a 4 port for around 50. If you're looking for something under 30 you could get a 4 port syba for around 25 including shipping.

Rune75 said:
The only place I see Silicon Image 3112 or 3114 is built on motherboards... Newegg and pricewatch doesnt even list Silicon Image as a brand they sell... am I missing something?
Sil311x is the name of the sata chipset; Newegg doesn't list the chipset of their controller cards. However, on this search for "sata", the Syba cards come out to be cheapest in both 2- and 4-port varieties. At $28 shipped for a 4-port card, can't go wrong.

Back