Cheap or Free Domain name registration?

ziddey

Supreme [H]ardness
Originally posted by SetiQueue
I had the same issue with my domain and godaddy.com some time ago, but it was quickly resolved.

I highly recommend GoDaddy.com, I've had 4-5 domains with them for the past 4 years with no problems.

Ziddy, have you tried the "Lost Password" Link? Thats been there for since I first Registered with them.

Also, try contacting customer service, there available 24/7 or you can contact them via email and most likely have a response within 24 hours (Although it is a holiday as I post this).

Domain Support - 480.505.8899
Technical Support - 480.505.8877

Billing Support - 480.505.8855
(9am - 5pm MST, 7 Days/Week)

And Grapenutz, to answer your questions.

You can register your domain with godaddy.com (Prefered, been in business awhile and trusted by many), and sign up with 1and1.com for free hosting for 3 years. Better hurry though, the 1and1 deal expires on January 14th if memory serves me correctly. (I have 3 accounts with 1and1.com with only 1 issue...the control panel isnt as quick as it can be....but it could be a user load issue as it goes very quick in the off-peak times. The sites run fine though)

yeah hopefully i can get this resolved next week. they need the credit card used to signup or a drivers license and another id. and im the student who is doing this. its all registered under the teacher

I use http://www.sitelutions.com $8.75 / year.... discounts if you buy more than one year of registration.

They are really good people to deal with, quick reply to e-mails.

For a buck more a year I'd definately go with them over godaddy.

EDIT IN: You also get free DNS hosting... can even set it up for Dynamic DNS to point to the IP of your computer if you have a cable modem or something and unlimited subdomains.

Back