Cheap OEM GTX 1070 Blowers

Kainzo

Gawd
So I've been cruising the net trying to find 1070's reasonably priced.

Just got off the phone with sabrepc.com, was able to snag a few Zotac GTX 1070’s for around $420 each, I could only grab 2 but they said if I order 10+ they'll cut some deals. Will be getting them next week and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

They weren’t listed online because they are OEM models, but they were much cheaper than any other 1070’s I’ve seen. I was told they would be stocking more, so I would try giving them a call.

Looks like they have other GTX models in stock too:
https://www.sabrepc.com/zotac-zt-p10800h-10p-geforce-gtx-1080-mini-8gb-gddr5x-graphic-card.html
https://www.sabrepc.com/zotac-zt-p10610a-10l-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-graphics-card.html

Seems like its worth a shot and at $420 new, worthy of a hot deal post...

Last edited:
Yeah, this late in the game, the mining craze seriously pushed prices up.

I think it should get better closer to September / October. besides, it's freaking summer, lol! I sold my 1080 today for a relatively good $500 price, cause I wanted a different model anyway, so I think I'm gonna hold out with my purchase until after summer. My trusty 1050ti will serve me in a meantime. Who knows how vega will affect the price? if it finally shows up again. But seriously, anything more than $350 for 1070 is a robbery.

Every one of these miners need to be put into a giant blender and blended off the face of the earth... -_-

Dear god I'm glad I got a 1080 for 380 when they dropped after the TI's came out......
I got 1080 for $700 at launch, but at least successfully sold it today for $500. I want to get a different 1080 model though, so I'm looking forward for prices to normalize and interested to see how AMD's flop vega will affect 1080 prices if any.

I bought my 1080 from Microcenter not to long ago for 390 + destiny 2 :D I consider me one lucky SOB

Have Vega's been released at all? There is someone on my local Craigslist that has been trying to sell one. Started at $1200, I think he' s down to ~$900 now.

Every one of these miners need to be put into a giant blender and blended off the face of the earth... -_-
Someone's jealous someone else is making money.

Get mad at the manufacturers who aren't keeping up with demand, not the miners.

Wait, wut? If the miners were not snatching up the hot cards like crazy, sounds like the demand would be where it was or it would go back down to where it was and it wouldn't be an issue, we could all move on, get cards back at decent prices and the world is a happy place. :D So why should we not be at least a little bit mad at the miners?
I don't wish the miners to go burn in the everloving flames of whatever but they are pooching things for us gamers. :mad:

Wait, wut? If the miners were not snatching up the hot cards like crazy, sounds like the demand would be where it was or it would go back down to where it was and it wouldn't be an issue, we could all move on, get cards back at decent prices and the world is a happy place. :D So why should we not be at least a little bit mad at the miners?
I don't wish the miners to go burn in the everloving flames of whatever but they are pooching things for us gamers. :mad:
miniature-violin.jpg

All of us have to deal with it. I don't mine, but I get why people are doing it. I've got no problems with people figuring out ways to make a few extra bucks. If they make it hard for me, then that just means I didn't plan ahead somehow either by saving more money or not cashing in on the same game. My fault, not theirs, therefore I can't be mad at them.

Supply is not meeting demand. It's as simple as that. When supply doesn't meet demand, then prices go up. Miners are no different than everyone else who isn't a miner trying to buy them. Miners...Gamers... PC enthusiasts... they are all the same, they are all consumers. At least the miners are using them for something. It could be worse, you could have someone hoarding them in their still sealed boxes.

When this phase of mining is over, they will be trying to offload them to recoup costs. At that point supply will far exceed demand and the video cards will be cheap again (especially the used ones).

==============================

That was my whole point lol, that this miner audience is gonna stay for quite a while. Hence no reason to be bitching about it. Just make our peace with it.

Last edited:
Someone's jealous someone else is making money.

Manufacturers are playing this correctly. They realize the ass could fall out of mining at any moment, and ramping up production to meet something so volatile introduces unnecessary risk.

Keeping production same keeps unit price and demand high, and limits risk.

I have learn that Summer is a bad time for purchasing computer parts as they tend to go up in prices with kids out of school but this mining craze is something I did not expect to see.

miniature-violin.jpg

All of us have to deal with it. I don't mine, but I get why people are doing it. I've got no problems with people figuring out ways to make a few extra bucks. If they make it hard for me, then that just means I didn't plan ahead somehow either by saving more money or not cashing in on the same game. My fault, not theirs, therefore I can't be mad at them.

Supply is not meeting demand. It's as simple as that. When supply doesn't meet demand, then prices go up. Miners are no different than everyone else who isn't a miner trying to buy them. Miners...Gamers... PC enthusiasts... they are all the same, they are all consumers. At least the miners are using them for something. It could be worse, you could have someone hoarding them in their still sealed boxes.

When this phase of mining is over, they will be trying to offload them to recoup costs. At that point supply will far exceed demand and the video cards will be cheap again (especially the used ones).

==============================

Thank you sir! I am not a big time miner, have about 4 rigs, but you sir get it! Appreciate the humble response!

If some of you guys just took out the time to realize the $$ behind mining/folding, only then you could really realize its benefits.

A pretty old time miner here, but I prefer folding since I'm helping cure diseases, while getting paid for it. Now what kinda argument can you guys really have against that?

The fact that manufacturers cannot keep up with demands is what's screwing consumers and making retailers drive up the price. Retailers are what you wanna be mad against, not consumers.....

People bought GPUs > shortage happens > BTC falls > market floods with GPUs........ Old time miners/folders like myself still bought it at retail and aren't dumping GPUs just because the trend went that way.

It's so easy to hate something without even realizing the big picture.

Back