Cheap noise cancelling headphones?

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
I need something that is comfortable and that can block out all sound for when I'm studing at the library. I'd prefer them not to take up much space in my backpack but whatever.

I'm looking for something cheap, I don't care about sound quality. I'll probably be playing just white noise or if they work extremely well nothing.

Your cheapest option will be plain old regular cup hearing protection. Look out for one rated for max decibels.

If you want active noise canceling Bose quietcomfort 3 or 15 is probably the best you can get and it costs around 300 bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Unfortunately foam earplugs can never offer the same level of isolation as proper cups. Of course good foam plugs do offer a significant noise reduction but nothing at active noise canceling or proper cup level. In really noisy environments you're recommended to use both at the same time.

Umm, sure. But the OP wanted something to wear in a library...how loud are the libraries where you are?

Umm, sure. But the OP wanted something to wear in a library...how loud are the libraries where you are?

Most in-ear plugs are designed to suppress ambient noise but let you hear people speaking around you for example. So they may not prevent you from distraction if someone is talking on the phone or something.

Generally depends on where I'm at. There's quiet sections in certain libraries but there's not much, and if they are the computers generally aren't as good or completely full. One conversation is enough to really distract you. Most sections with lots of computers (where generally I need to use) aren't quiet and you get a lot of conversations going on.

Get a pair of IEM's with multiple flange silicon earpieces that seal off all external sound... When not playing sound through them, they'll block off pretty much everything. On Amazon, the MEElectronics M6's are fairly inexpensive at around $20 and would do the job. I love my Ety ER4P's for this reason, but they are pretty high end IEM's.

Get a pair of IEM's with multiple flange silicon earpieces that seal off all external sound... When not playing sound through them, they'll block off pretty much everything. On Amazon, the MEElectronics M6's are fairly inexpensive at around $20 and would do the job. I love my Ety ER4P's for this reason, but they are pretty high end IEM's.

This. Hell even with some skull candy earbuds if you find the right earbud cover (most kits bring 3-4 different sets) it will do a good job blocking off the outside sounds. Find a set that fits well into your ear as they're all different.

x3. "IEM" is your best bet. Noise-cancelling only blocks out ambient noise, but not something like telephone rings, conversations, etc. Take a look at Etymotic, Shure, and Westone.

Here's a link to the triple flange ear tips. http://www.earplugstore.com/roauprtrflti.html Make sure they're compatible with the specs listed there before you buy an IEM.

Back