Cheap Motorola Docsis 3.0 Modems (Refurbs) Yo! $39 - $69

In for 1 sb6141 thanks good sir. Mine seems to be taking a shit 2-3 times a day for minutes at a time. Hopefully this one will be a bit more regular. 58$ shipped on its way.

In for 1 sb6141 thanks good sir. Mine seems to be taking a shit 2-3 times a day for minutes at a time. Hopefully this one will be a bit more regular. 58$ shipped on its way.

I'd say 2-3 shits per day is pretty regular

ya we used these things for new cable installs 6121

or arris or ubee

100 Mb and probably up i'd imagine

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

So will this work with Comcast? It's on their approved list but just wanted to make sure.

So will this work with Comcast? It's on their approved list but just wanted to make sure.

definitely will work with comcast. have activated 3 so far. just a friendly reminder, Comcast does NOT give static IP's to self-owned modems :mad:

Is this common for the SB 6141? I've had my 6141 for almost a year now with TWC. Everything was fine up until 3 weeks ago when it would start to recycle itself about 3-4 times a day.

Is there a fix around this?

Is this common for the SB 6141? I've had my 6141 for almost a year now with TWC. Everything was fine up until 3 weeks ago when it would start to recycle itself about 3-4 times a day.

What does your log say? There are a bunch of things that could be wrong, you aren't providing any details. Go to 192.168.100.1 for the logs.

Hot Deal forum may not be the best place. Maybe the networking or general PC forum?

You know what's funny?

This reminds me that Cox just charged me (a 10 year customer with cox) $200 for there docsis 2.0 cable modem that went poop 10+ times a day.. They want it returned or else the $200 charge stays. I need to go and tell them if they can't knock that charge off, I will be going with a different provider. Not once did they tell me I needed to return it prior to the installation they did here at my house that I've stayed for the past 5 years. I've even had cox tell me the box was mine as long as I finish my first 12 months when I first went with them 10 years ago.. They must be hurting for money, going around trying to round up old docsis 2.0 modems.

Amazon owns Woot?

Woot's website 5 years ago:

"Holy crap! Woot has signed an agreement with Amazon - yes, the Amazon - to become an independent subsidiary of the ecommerce colossus. Woot HQ will remain in Carrollton, Texas, and will operate as autonomously as other Amazon companies like Zappos and Audible. More details forthcoming after we pick our eyeballs up off of the floor. Anybody see where Lefty rolled off to?"

Woot's website 5 years ago:

"Holy crap! Woot has signed an agreement with Amazon - yes, the Amazon - to become an independent subsidiary of the ecommerce colossus. Woot HQ will remain in Carrollton, Texas, and will operate as autonomously as other Amazon companies like Zappos and Audible. More details forthcoming after we pick our eyeballs up off of the floor. Anybody see where Lefty rolled off to?"

Funny, thats around the time I stopped using Woot because it seemingly went down the toilet. So that's what really happened.

Oh, I just assumed they had built-in routers. No wonder they're so cheap.

I think I'll just keep letting Comcast drain $10/mo from me. Every time I buy my own modem it always crap itself on a daily basis and/or doesn't get the proper speed, anyways.

But what if they increase it to $15 a month?

I've skipped buying any Apple hardware, but made an exception and got a used router. Setup assistant. That is with the 6141.

had issues like this, turns out it was a bad splitter.

Back