Cheap Hyper-V backup solution to USB on host?

Easius

Limp Gawd
I have several Windows Server 2012 - 2016 hypervisors in different locations with a USB backup device connected directly to the host. I would like to find a new backup software solution that would run a software agent to run images on the servers. Currently using Windows Server Backup on the entire hypervisor but I would like something with more control on the individual guests - such as ability to restore individual files out of the backup without restoring an entire VHD.

I know there are more expensive solutions (ShadowProtect, Veeam, etc) for this but what I need to find is a cheap software option.

Any suggestions?

Take a look into Veeam Agent, it can do backups and restores and is agent based.

Veeam Agest will not backup VMs. It's only for single OS. But there is Veeam Backup Free. It can backup to the USB but to automate backup of the VM you have to use Powershell.

Veeam Agest will not backup VMs. It's only for single OS. But there is Veeam Backup Free. It can backup to the USB but to automate backup of the VM you have to use Powershell.

If you install Veeam agent on a VM, it backs up the VM :)

Back