Cheap games at Big Lots (Quake 4, Enemy Territory, etc)

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Just a reminder that Big Lots has a lot of games rediculously cheap, many of them chart toppers. I picked up a copy of Quake 4 and ET: Quake Wars for $6 each last week, and every Big Lots I've gone to lately has had a few copies sitting around. There are other titles too but the names escape me.

$6 for these games isn't too shabby at all!

biglotsgames%20001.JPG

Yeah, Big Lots is great for picking up relatively older games for cheap. I got Fear for $6, Just Cause for $4, and Time Shift for $6.

the big lots by me sucks, but there are 2 ohers in the area i should check out. only thing mine had was total annihilation and a tomb raider game, but did not want to chuck out $6 a piece for them, they had the new SOF payback but it was opened. You should check there dvd's out to, most are clunkers but they have some i liked, got the animated Roughnecks Starship Troopers for $3 a piece, and they had evening with Kevin Smith 2 for $3

All my Big Lots has is spoiled canned food, Chinese lead laden toys, and rejected clothing that would have normally gone to TJ Maxx. =/

They have other stuff but the pc games are the best deals. I picked up quake wars and LOTR:eek:nline for 6$ each

Yep got Q4 and Defcon, for $6 and $4 smackers respectively.
I had already bought ET:QW for $20. It kinda hurt when I saw it for $6 at Big Lots.

You can't always win!

CAUTION: I picked up a $6.00 copy of a game called "Outbreak" and when I got home there was no CD. Be sure to open your boxes BEFORE you leave the store.

CAUTION: I picked up a $6.00 copy of a game called "Outbreak" and when I got home there was no CD. Be sure to open your boxes BEFORE you leave the store.

!!!

thanks for the warning. was your box sealed and did it look like it was tampered with? if not, did it at least have the original tape over it?

The original tape was in place ... on the top. They just cut through the bottom of the box and slipped out the CD. :(

Sure I saw Quake4, Tomb Raider 3, Two Worlds, The Movies, Lord of the Rings online, Project Eden between $4-$6

But instead I bought a game that matters.
A game that is Epic.
A game called

thief2.jpg

ahhh nice!

I saw it too, but I passed on that opportunity.

I wondered if I should get it, but got DEFCON instead. I thought, Thief was an old game. Even though I was aware of the good reviews it received back in the day.

Should I kick myself in the rear for not getting it?

The original tape was in place ... on the top. They just cut through the bottom of the box and slipped out the CD. :(

Ouch... why would someone steal a $6 game? It's shockingly pathetic.

I saw it too, but I passed on that opportunity.

I wondered if I should get it, but got DEFCON instead. I thought, Thief was an old game. Even though I was aware of the good reviews it received back in the day.

Should I kick myself in the rear for not getting it?

Yes, you should. I bougt it when it originally came out, in a triangular box and all. But this is a reprint, not the first edition. Still, I kept it for my collection.

Sure I saw Quake4, Tomb Raider 3, Two Worlds, The Movies, Lord of the Rings online, Project Eden between $4-$6

But instead I bought a game that matters.
A game that is Epic.
A game called

thief2.jpg

So I go to another and I find THIEF II

How fucking awesome is that?

AND i got another copy of thief1
so:
thief1, thief2, defcon, caesar 4, the movies und er $30? HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!

I went to my biglots and the best they had (at least the only game I recognized) was Tiger Woods 08. It was $4, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Meh. YMMV.

My brother and I went to two Big Lots today.

Got 2 copies if Quake 4, one copy of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and one of Universe at War: Earth Assault.

Used the 20% of coupon as well. Came out at under $20.

Thanks for heads up OP. Appreciate it.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars rocks! Gotta reinstall that once I get my new system up and running.

Just got back from big lots. They had 2 copies of Quake 4 and 3 Quake wars. I picked up Quake wars for $5.13 after the 20% coupon, great deal :)

Thanks OP and those who linked to the coupon :)

I hit up the one in Novato, CA yesterday when I was visiting a friend's family there. Pretty much every worthwhile game was like this there...

I hit up the one in Novato, CA yesterday when I was visiting a friend's family there. Pretty much every worthwhile game was like this there...

lol quake: enemy terroritories looked like it had been opened. Asked the cashier to open it and make sure everything was in one piece.

Went again yesterday and they had some more goodies:

001.JPG

Maybe not as sought after as Quake 4 and Quake Wars, but still some good shit for cheap!

is there a sizeable amount of players still playing ET: Quake Wars online?

Picked up the Painkiller Overdose a few days ago. Still need to finish the first and second ones though.

As for ETQW players - http://stats.enemyterritory.com

As of 04/22/2009 | 05:43 UTC

Players today 5,898

Total players 418,260

Still enough for a good game or two.

Back