Cheap Dell Desktop w/ a Monitor(380)

good deal,was gonna buy a monitor for the mother,200 bucks more get a descent system,cool.

Here's my break-out of all dell lcd specs: http://js.antinoc.net/dellmonitors.html

The E198WFP is actually a pretty decent monitor, most of the "E" series only have VGA inputs.

Resolution: 1440x900
Response Time: 5ms
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Pitch: 0.2835mm
Brightness: 300 cd/m²
Viewing Angle: 160°

Are those motherboards locked so you cannot overclock with them?

Awesome deal nonetheless.

That's pretty impressive. All you would need is another 2GB of ram and an 8800GTS to make it a completely decent gaming rig.

wow dell will updgrade it to an 8600GT 256 for $100 more this is a great deal

Are those motherboards locked so you cannot overclock with them?

Awesome deal nonetheless.

Yes they are. The board that comes with the smaller vostro 200's has a foxcomm board in it. Might be able to load the retail firmware if it matches a retail board(didn't check last time I got one in).

Ah, thanks for the info. Never bought a Dell before and I wanted to overclock the included 2140 proc, if I would get in on this deal.

That's pretty impressive. All you would need is another 2GB of ram and an 8800GTS to make it a completely decent gaming rig.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting one would I need to change the PSU to throw in my old X1600Pro 256 if so what would ya'll recommend?

I'm pretty sure I'm getting one would I need to change the PSU to throw in my old X1600Pro 256 if so what would ya'll recommend?

No you would be fine. If an 8600GT will work, an X1600Pro will certainly work. Sell your X1600Pro for $50 and get the 8600GT instead...

I would be fine on stock video just have the card setting in my spare room so I figured I'd use it. I'm not one to get something that I don't need. The only gaming this thing would see would be WoW and my wife playing w/ me w/ me on the rig in my sig and her on this little dell.

great price with monitor!

i just built a e4300/2400pro/2gb ram for under 400$.

of course i got my ds3 for 55$ :)

If you are going to put in an 8800GTS you will mostly likely need a PSU as well.

Here's what I paid before taxes and fees.
$459.99

I paid $504.85 for this system with an upgrade of the video card to the 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8300GS for $50 more, and a $30 Dell Premium Optical USB Mouse, including CA tax & environmental fee, and free shipping.

I couldn't really find a review for the 8300GS but it saves me the hassle of ordering a card separately to install for my friend's children to use. Does anyone know if the integrated video card solution will still be included with the upgraded card?

Yea I just called one of my clients and had him order 1 of the ones posted today. 578 with vista business(so we can downgrade it to xp pro) and a 22 inch lcd. Not bad.

yea pretty awesome deal; however, no one in my family has money ...

my uncle could use this computer since his current computer fried...

yea.. his cpu was running at 89 c.. i was like, holy crap!

Back