Cheap Air Coolers at Newegg - RAIJINTEK $20-$40

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
Fans look like garbage. Seriously, look a that giant EREBOSS heat sink with a super thin fan.

But $20-$40 for a hunk of metal isn't bad. No waiting 8 weeks for a MIR.

1624115920579.png
1624115983271.png

Fans look like garbage. Seriously, look a that giant EREBOSS heat sink with a super thin fan.

But $20-$40 for a hunk of metal isn't bad. No waiting 8 weeks for a MIR.
There's some really "stellar" reviews on the big mamma-jamma, as in "wont clear memory" and "questionable fan mounting"

The cheapest I've gone with was the ID-COOLING SE-224-XT which is $23 (after clippy coupon for Amazon Prime members.) The R5-3600 system I built for my dad used the stock Wraith Spire, and while techincally OK, left a lot on the table with the boost clocks. For $21.74 I paid for it (at the time) it brought down the CPU temps from 78-80 with the Spire to 72, under an all-core video rendering load (his new hobby). Installation on the ID-Cooling product used the stock AMD backplate, with a fairly simple install process. Nothing too convoluted, aside from assembling it in the case. A patch of painters tape to keep the backplate would be the only tip I would offer.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The cheap CPU coolers that have been coming out lately have been pretty good IMO. Bought this for $20 on a sale and its been fantastic, lots of mounting options and the build is nice.

The cheap CPU coolers that have been coming out lately have been pretty good IMO. Bought this for $20 on a sale and its been fantastic, lots of mounting options and the build is nice.
That one looks good (or rather, not terrible) even at $25. I'll pick up a spare since my last tower cooler just went to a friend who is replacing a stock intel hockey-puck.

The fact that they had to discount the more expensive to manufacture RGBvomit model vs the one without lights says everything about what people will actually buy when given the choice. 🤦‍♂️

Looks tempting if I needed a spare cooler, but I've got one or two 212s in storage. Only problem with them is I've had a few of the plastic fan clips break over the years when doing replacements.

The fact that they had to discount the more expensive to manufacture RGBvomit model vs the one without lights says everything about what people will actually buy when given the choice. 🤦‍♂️

Looks tempting if I needed a spare cooler, but I've got one or two 212s in storage. Only problem with them is I've had a few of the plastic fan clips break over the years when doing replacements.
Zip ties work just as good with those 212 coolers. The one linked has metal clips lol

I got the linked ARESGAME cooler, is about 158mm tall. Might be good for most cases, but it may present issues with cases with questionable case clearances. It looks good for $20.

I also purchased one of the ARESGAME coolers the other day. It slightly outperforms the Hyper 212 EVO with my R7 3700X, and its stock fan is noticeably quieter than the Cooler Master's.

Last edited:
pretty good price for that cooler. Snagged one, need a spare cpu heatsink as is =P.

Zip ties work just as good with those 212 coolers. The one linked has metal clips lol
how did you do that, zip tie chains long enough to wrap around the heatsink/fan assembly while going through the fans screw holes?

how did you do that, zip tie chains long enough to wrap around the heatsink/fan assembly while going through the fans screw holes?
You can use the narrower zip ties and pass them through the screw holes on the fan then around the closest heatpipe on the Hyper 212 between the aluminum fins.

The heatpipes do not tend to get hot enough to melt the zip ties, though eventually the zip ties do break from general fatigue.

Back