Cheap 10G Switch in 2021? Does it exist?

2dFx

Weaksauce
Hey all,

So are there "cheap" deals to be had on 10G hardware? Looking to plug all this cat6 I have placed throughout my home and would love the glorious throughput to my NAS with the 2nd benefit of faster access to the iSCSI targets I have on the NAS.

Based on this video here a year ago you could get an Arista 7050T, an older 48 port 10G switch for $400. That is no longer the case as they are now going for more than $1200 now which ruins their value proposition. The cheapest switch seems to be the Mikrotik CRS312 but it's only 12 ports. Anyone have any recommendations or selections for 16 ports or higher?

Hope they release a 16 port version soon otherwise 10gb is just not cheap enough yet.

There are plenty of SFP+ out there for sure, but the copper transceivers add cost.

I suppose it will have to be 12 port for now and GbE for the remaining drops. There's 44 drops total.

There are plenty of SFP+ out there for sure, but the copper transceivers add cost.

I suppose it will have to be 12 port for now and GbE for the remaining drops. There's 44 drops total.

2.5GbE switches are cheaper if you don't need full 10GbE for all of those 44 drops.

Nice! We did the same thing at my parent's house that has over 50 drops that were wired in 1995. We started off with just a 100Mbps switch and then moved to a gigabit one when it became affordable. (y)

Back