Charter Cable Classaction Lawsuit

Streyeder

Cornflake Pisser
Charter settled a class action lawsuit and I happened to stumble upon it in the USA Today. You can pick one up today to get the form for submittal and claim. It's well worth it for those of us who use Charter.

www.chartersettlement.com is the forwarding URL.

Yay for free internet for me!

Edit: Changed URL to a forwarding URL. Maybe it will work.

i get a page error, sure thats the link?

edit: i think the sites just having some problems right now

charter gave me great internet access prices for 2 years (2meg down for $25/mo)
now im paying $40/mo for 3meg down. no reason to want any more money from them. i love their service, it is by far the best here.

you'll get a month or 2 of free cable, and some law farm out there got millions of dollars. yay class action law suits :rolleyes:

Who does this settlement affect?
All residential cable television subscribers located in the continental United States who, prior to July 9, 2004, subscribed to cable television services provided by Charter and who, paid a fee to participate in Charter's wire maintenance program, or; paid a fee to rent from Charter an analog or digital converter box while subscribing to Basic or Expanded Basic service only.

Cable Television Subscribers..Not Cable Internet..

Ocean said:
charter gave me great internet access prices for 2 years (2meg down for $25/mo)
now im paying $40/mo for 3meg down. no reason to want any more money from them. i love their service, it is by far the best here.

heh, my cox just upgraded to 4mbp/s :)

Was the wire maintenence fee optional or something automatically tacked on? I've had Charter cable (tv) for over a year now..

Charter was charging people the wire maintainence when it was option, but they really never emphasized that it was. So, most people had on their bill thinking it was a mandatory thing. They were also charging people for a digital cable box even though they had basic or expanded basic cable, something that doesnt need the box. Again, they really didnt emphasize that the box wasnt needed and people were paying for it when they didnt need too. This is why people sued, and this is the settlement.

I had wire maintenance on my package for awhile, so Im going to opt for the 6 months of free internet. yay!

Back