Charlie Sinhaseni - The Sims 4 Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnikx

[H]ard|Gawd
This is pretty funny.

So apparently cas demos, create a sim, are being given out to random origin users.
So Charlie Sinhaseni, PR manager of the sims 4, went ahead and gave out a demo to this lovely lady, who is apparently a video vixen or something like that.
055685a807f411e2bb3522000a1e9bb7_7.jpg

The Sims 4, yes i am excited for this game, forums are flooded with topics about this issue.
The problem people are having is that these demos were supposed to be given out completely randomly, and yet this girl gets one because Charlie wants some poon.
qe5Zywu.jpg

I just thought this was worth some lolz. But what are your guys thoughts?

I'd send her 4 extra copies for her friends. That way I'd have 5 chances. ;)

Charlie is a brilliant man!

This is a scandal?

She has tons of followers, it's just marketing. Same thing when review sites and media people get early copies of everything. People are just pissed because this girl isn't a fat slob, so clearly she just gets stuff because she's pretty?!!

More importantly (for those that care about Sims 4):

No toddlers or pools at launch.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/the-sims-4-has-no-toddlers-or-pools-at-launch/

Not only are they going to nickel and dime like they always do with DLC/Expansions, they're giving people even less in the base game than ever before!

And when the 12th or 27th expansion pack finally hits I'll get around to totally-legally-acquiring a copy of it to tinker with for a few hours.

Someday, CAS is all we're going to get with the base game and everything else will be DLC :mad:

can anyone confirm if there are real graphical improvements? it seems iterative at most, compared to the sims 3.

A man doing something to get a beautiful woman's attention....sounds pretty normal to me.
So long as it doesn't cost him anything like his job, go for it.

can anyone confirm if there are real graphical improvements? it seems iterative at most, compared to the sims 3.

Its mostly a UI improvement with higher res textures. Has the sims ever been known for great graphics?

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/the-sims-4-has-no-toddlers-or-pools-at-launch/

Not only are they going to nickel and dime like they always do with DLC/Expansions, they're giving people even less in the base game than ever before!

And when the 12th or 27th expansion pack finally hits I'll get around to totally-legally-acquiring a copy of it to tinker with for a few hours.

Oh I love it when people find the need to "brag" about this.

Yup, and they took out one of the biggest features of the sims 3 which was create a style. basically you can change the colors and theme of clothing and furniture.

which im 100% sure that they will release this as a dlc for $15.

for all those taking this thread seriously..
i just thought it was comical, i could care less.
but the the sims 4 forum members are going so far as to making thread saying Charlie should be fired.

I can see why the fans would be pissed off, because if he's going to give someone just because she asked, then EA would have to do the same for any fans who asked.

This is a scandal?

She has tons of followers, it's just marketing. Same thing when review sites and media people get early copies of everything. People are just pissed because this girl isn't a fat slob, so clearly she just gets stuff because she's pretty?!!

Yes, likley...

Wow...what a joke. My GF was looking forward to this game (she has played Sims 3 a lot) but now I dunno if it's really going to be worth $60 if they are cutting base features like this, presumably to add in as paid DLC later.

Fuck EA. Sims 3 runs like garbage as well with all of the 800 expansions installed...hopefully they actually fix that in Sims 4 (though I highly doubt they will).

Did some digging on details of this future train wreck:
Three-story hard limit (confirmed)
All structures on lot must be set to same foundation height (no outbuildings/sheds/garages at ground level) (confirmed)
No terrain tools (no lowering, raising, flattening ground) (strongly implied/not present in trailers).
No water tools or pools, just 'fountains' (confirmed)
50x50 lot size limit (down from 64x64) (confirmed)

I wouldn't kick her out of crackers for eating bed.

I have this notion she's more into chocolate....
My GF was looking forward to this game (she has played Sims 3 a lot) but now I dunno if it's really going to be worth $60 if they are cutting base features like this, presumably to add in as paid DLC later.
Well, its $70 if you want the day 1 DLC.
Oh I love it when people find the need to "brag" about this.
Oh I love it when people find the need to ignore why people say things like this. Which is (since I know you're going to be completely ignorant about this comment) is that I'd buy a title like this if it were fairly priced and not a seasonal $10-30 cash cow that takes 10 expansions just to get to the point the past game was (and not on origin).

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know not wanting to break the law is now considered ignorant. Your reasons don't even matter, if you really have to pirate something just do it in your own time. Why do you find the need to tell all of us? You have no idea about my stance on this game yet call me ignorant. Since I don't want to keep you in the dark, I don't like the bullshit expansions with The Sims either. That said, I also don't find the need to go pirate it. If I don't support something why would I still want to get it?

Did some digging on details of this future train wreck:

I've bought all the previous Sims, but I'm thinking with all the decontenting, in addition to the normal amount of decontenting they do (i.e. there's always at least one or two expansions that contain mostly shit that really probably should have been part of the original game), plus their epic Simcity fail, I'll probably pass. I like the game, and would probably like the game still, but I'm tired of rewarding their shittiness.

Building a kickass house is a massive portion of the game for (I would imagine) pretty much everyone, and they're seriously nerfing the ability to do that.

Welcome to my 30,000 square foot mansion. Pity I can't afford a swimming pool.

I've bought all the previous Sims, but I'm thinking with all the decontenting, in addition to the normal amount of decontenting they do (i.e. there's always at least one or two expansions that contain mostly shit that really probably should have been part of the original game), plus their epic Simcity fail, I'll probably pass. I like the game, and would probably like the game still, but I'm tired of rewarding their shittiness.

Building a kickass house is a massive portion of the game for (I would imagine) pretty much everyone, and they're seriously nerfing the ability to do that.

Welcome to my 30,000 square foot mansion. Pity I can't afford a swimming pool.

I never actually played the game for the game portion. I just made houses.

I never actually played the game for the game portion. I just made houses.

The only good part about the actual game was stealing the neighbors wife, or using cheats to trap some randoms in a tiny room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back