chaostheory owes me a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
He sold me an Antec Sonata case, but it arrived very dirty and broken, not due to shipping. He has promised me a refund for a month now, and I still don't have the money. I need this resolved.

well non of us can force him to give you a refund.

first thing would to talk with him and file a paypal charge back. but sounds like your 30days past.

Every time he responds to a PM, its days later, and he promises to send it on an upcoming day. The day comes and goes, and I never get the money.

Sounds like he strung you along to get past the Paypal chargeback time. You may need to contact his local autorities now.
good luck, hope you get your money back.

the local PD wont do anything becuz he did recieve something, it wasnt in "as discribed" condition but you did get it.

Ask for a full refund and send it back

I did send him a PM to reply here but he hasnt been on since the 11th

He IM'ed me tonight:

Him: hey man you got your case i aint sending you no refund
Me: the case was broken
Me: and you promised me a refund
Him: bullshit
Me: dont go back on your promise now
Him: LOL why don't you hold your breath for it
Him: LOLOL

What can I do?

Get insurance on shipping?
Take pics of damaged case and upload.

Any case, seems like he's immature, and probably can't afford to refund money and take the damaged case back, seems he can't take the loss.

I say smatch that bitch up :)

Back when I got the case, he told me to just throw away the case, as it would cost too much to ship it back. I tossed it, and waited patiently for the refund, which never came.

Pretty much your out of luck, theres nothing really anyone can do. I PMEd an Admin about this so his fate here is up to them

SocceRich20, chaostheory's handling of this matter is unacceptable. He is no longer welcome here.

Thanks for adding the title. Now hopefully others won't be ripped by him. Is there any way that I can attempt to get this money back, or I am pretty much out of luck?

If the paypal complaint time has passed and there are no further remedies there, my guess is you're pretty much SOL. You said you threw out the case (IMO that was a mistake) so even if you were to take him to court, you don't have the evidence to prove he sent you damaged goods. :(

Let me post my experience with him:

I recently purchased an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice cpu. I contacted him and paid immediately. He said he would get the processor out in one or two days - that didn't happen. He said monday at the latest, but that didn't happen either. It eventually took two weeks for him to ship the item. When asked, he said the item was hung up at the post office and sitting on the PO's shelf for two weeks. I am a trusting guy, so I believed him. However... with your experiences, I don't know what to believe. PM me with any questions about my experience that you may have.

Lethal said:
chaostheory's handling of this matter is unacceptable. He is no longer welcome here.

On behalf of the rest of us....Thank you for cleaning up around here...

This guy is total scum. He keeps harassing me on AIM:

I just got this, then he signed off.

LeetSkillz90: hey, enjoying your refund? :)
LeetSkillz90: LOLOLOL

If anyone knows of any way I can nail this little punk, I'd appreciate it.

Sign up on a bunch of "free software" websites using HIS email address, and fill out for free this or that, go to every spamming site you know of and use his email address! :p Do you have his home address? If you did I'd say mail him some old dog shit that explodes when he opens the package. Where is this guy located anyways? If I just happpened to live by him, I would go over to his house and kick the shit out of him.... :mad:

I would not do any mailing with the purpose of harassing the guy. Once mailing is involved, you are involving the US postal office and the US government. He can use it against you and actually file criminal charges....Best bet, search for him in different forums and whenever he tries to buy or sell something, post your account of the events so all can see. Nothing hurts a guy more than losing money (since pride does not seem to be important to this person).

GL.

Soccorich, how much did you pay for the case (i.e. how much did you lose on the transaction)?

Lesman said: "... search for him in different forums and whenever he tries to buy or sell something, post your account of the events so all can see. Nothing hurts a guy more than losing money (since pride does not seem to be important to this person)."

If you really want some semblance of satisfaction then listen to Lesman. Don't harrass him but instead let the WHOLE WORLD know about how he handles his deals. Search him out and whenever he even breathes warn the users of that trading community to not deal with him.

Keep every email or AIM conversation forever. Every word will come back to haunt him.

The price he ultimately pays will make your loss look like nothing in comparision.

Good luck ... I wish you well.

UPS ground, but the damage was not due to shipping, the case was downright dirty and in bad condition.

im gonna do a little looking around for him

do you have the AIM name he originally used in his convos with you?

it may be his main AIM name and i can search for him better with that (as "chaostheory" is pretty common)

well he has been banned so theres really nothing more we can do, If you want to try things privately more power to ya but im goin to have to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back