Chaning my name

VolvoR

Gawd
Is there any way to change my name? Volvor was a car i had WAAAY back, and at the time I thought it was a good idea...Now I'm using a common name on all forums, and I'd like to keep it consistent....
Thanks

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=835057

(6) How do I change my username?
Usernames are not changeable unless it is to the advantage of the Administration ie: politically incorrect/trollbait/disgusting/improper usernames that somehow slipped through the filter. If you want a different name, you must have an admin close your present account and then you may re-register with the new name.

ScHpAnKy said:
Why not get a new username? You only have 40 posts :)
Probably because his email is locked into this one and [H] doesn't accept any free e-mail addys (including gmail). Most likely he registered with his email from his ISP.

It is indeed against the rules to have two accounts. However, he could request that his current account be closed, then he could sign up for a new account with the new name.

Of course, there are disadvantages to that. I would love to change my username, but have no intention of losing my postcount. The meaning of my username has changed over the years so that it is now no longer something I would want to proclaim.

I'll look into changing the name, I still have the same email address...

I'll think about it over the weekend.

I help members close accounts all the time. Doing it the proper way allows you to retain your original email (if it's legal) which makes the transition fairly painless.

What about if someone wants to change their name and has a subscription to the General Mayhem? Will that be added to the new account when the old one is cancelled?

Dont plan on doing that, just wondered how that worked.

I wouldnt care so much about the post count then I would the join date. That can mean a lot too. Id trust someone with 5 years on this board more than I would someone who signed up last month.

Granted post count can mean a lot too, but they go hand in hand.

Back