Changing the setting to delete files on OSX leopard.

I have a macbook pro that I just migrated a bunch of settings and files from an existing macbook via time capsule. But now whenever I right click on a file to "move to trash" it always ask me if I want to permanently delete the files. Before on my regular macbook the files would just get moved to the trash, which I could then empty at a later date. How do I change it back so it moves the files to the trash? Any help much appreciated.

Go to the finder, then preferences, under advanced uncheck the "Show warning before emptying trash" box

What is your question?

Deleting a file over the network permanently deletes it on any OS. You can't run a Trash Bin over the network like that, it would be far to terrible of performance.

If this is on your local machine, there is a setting in Finder's preferences to control the behavior of the Trash Bin.

You might also want to look at the permissions on the files you are trying to delete and/or the permissions on your trash bin.

Its possible that it's bypassing the trash because it doesn't have the right permissions to it.

I'd suggest doing a repair permissions to see if anything comes up

I'll try to repair the permissions of the files on my local drive because it is only happening with files on the primary disk, files I delete from external drives get moved to the trash bin as normal. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back