Changed router IP... now I can't find it! (Tomato)

YamahaAlex37

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an Asus RT-N10 flashed with Tomato, and I was trying to set it up as a Bridge to pick up the signal from my Rosewill EasyN400, so I changed the IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 because that is the IP I use to access my Rosewill router's config.

Well now I can't access the Tomato log in using either IP :confused:

Disconnect / turn off the Rosewill. They can't both have the same IP. Reset the ASUS and it should show up again at the new IP. Then change its assigned IP to something else before turning the Rosewill back on.

Would flashing the Asus router have interfered with it's ability to reset? The instructions say to hold the reset button until the power light flashes, but it doesn't seem to ever flash as I imagine it should, rather it alternates very slowly off/on.

whats the ip address of the machine you're trying to access it on?

If you changed the IP address of the router to a different subnet you're not going to be able to access it if the pc is still on the original subnet.

set a static ip of 192.168.0.2 on your pc and give it another try.

I would agree with silent-circut it sounds like the router and the switch are sharing ip addresses.

Set the asus with somthing like 192.168.0.200, just make sure its somthing high in the ip range.
That way the rosewill router will not assign another computer with the asus routers ip.

This assumes that you are on the 192.168.1.x subnet and the router is on the 192.168.0.x subnet as jadams is suggesting.

Just remember computers are really really stupid you have to be very specific with instructions for them.

I have an Asus RT-N10 flashed with Tomato, and I was trying to set it up as a Bridge to pick up the signal from my Rosewill EasyN400, so I changed the IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 because that is the IP I use to access my Rosewill router's config.

Well now I can't access the Tomato log in using either IP :confused:

Did you change your PC to 192.168.0.x when you tried to access 192.168.0.1?

Sorry I took so long to try again at troubleshooting this issue, but I tried what was suggested, to turn off the Rosewill router, and it worked and I was able to access the Asus router via Tomato. I tried "Rebooting the router, hoping it would set the IP back to 192.168.1.1 and all the other defaults, but after the reboot, the Tomato disappeared and I can't find it anymore, even with the Rosewill router off!

Hold up... everything looks to be working now, including the bridge... let me move this to the living room to double check.

Back