Chances of New MacBook Pro?

Lots of people were speculating about a new MacBook Pro w/ penryn processors @ MacWorld but nothing released today. I have been holding off on getting a MBP b/c of the rumors but now I am thinking I may go ahead and purchase one.

What do y'all think about the chances of a MBP update within the near future?

in all likely hood it will happen. the mbp has gone through 3 revisions already, but i don't think its going to happen in a week or even in a month. the mobile c2d processors were in dell, hp, and lenovo machines months before they appeared in the mbp.

If you need one now, but it now. The keynote has come and gone, it's safe to say there won't be any more announcements for a while.

The keynote being done and gone doesn't mean there won't be new products.

The Mac Pro refresh was only a week or so ago - it wasn't part of the keynote, and it could easily have been.

FYI, the Apple page for the 13 inch Macbook has gone offline. Clicking on Macbook link ends with loop. Possibly offline in anticipation for an update?

ide buy one soon before apple further extends its disposable electronics feature to it.

The keynote being done and gone doesn't mean there won't be new products.

The Mac Pro refresh was only a week or so ago - it wasn't part of the keynote, and it could easily have been.

it wasn't released during the keynote, but it was part of it...

I seriously doubt that they will be releasing any updates for at least a month or so, why would they pass up on the publicity and press that stuff released at Macworld gets if anything they have is that close to completion that it will ship in a month? They announced the Macbook Air, which still doesn't ship for 2 weeks. Apple TV updates aren't available for 2 weeks and they were announced. iPhone SDK not available till Feb and it was mentioned in the keynote. See what I mean? Apple wouldn't pass up the chance to announce updates such as moving to penryn if they weren't at least a month or more off...

Back