Champions Online (360 & PC) - city of heroes

I was waiting for a new MMO to play. The graphics need some work, I'd say WoW graphics look better judging from the trailer.

I was a fan of city of heroes when it first came out, but the lack of any reason to keep playing other than just to level up made me stop playing. I've been playing WoW since then, but the super hero style like coh / champions online is the coolest setting next to the diablo universe to me. So if they pull off city of heroes, with action style gameplay, and good loot to collect, i think i'll be all over it.

also, i think the graphics will get much better. As far as i know the game is still in alpha or maybe earlier. It was just announced not too long ago and the release date is supposed to be around spring 2009

It looked and sounded exactly like City of Heroes to me. I mean, why not just call it City of Heroes 2 and set it in that universe again?

Because they no longer own City of Heroes. They sold it to NCSoft.

They were originally working on a Marvel universe MMO but that got canned, so they transitioned to this "Champions" generic thing.

i like the cel shaded look, pretty spiffy, but this has been done already!! anywho Champions was a pen and paper RPG, , hopefully they can pull it off.

cel-shaded graphics are cool. It seems pretty much CoH2 with a different title. I wonder if the pc and xbox360 owners will play on the same server. I'm all up for any non-fantasy themed MMO, so bring it on!

Anyone here still play CoH/CoV? Is it worth checking out again?Anyone have any free trial passes?

yeah, i might be able to get into this game.

they will have to use an awesome interface for the 360 if they want it to be a good mmo. but yeah, if it has the depth of WoW (character creation, drops, mobs, etc) and no additional monthly fee (already pay for live) then i think it could be successful. mmos do have a mass appeal to them so a successful console port will change the industry.

Oh yeah I'm all over this as soon as it gets released. I wonder if they're taking preorders yet.

Back