Chaintech 7NIF2

Dark Ember

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I'm having a slight problem with this motherboard. I just hooked everything up last night. POSTs fine, installed/booted windows fine. However, It seemed to have set the multiplier on my mobile 2400+ to 6, with no way to change it in the BIOS. So, i have it running at 200 MHz FSB, so its at 6x200, at 1.2GHz at the moment.

If you have any ideas of a workaround or a solution or anything, that would help out a TON. I emailed Chaintech last night, but they haven't replied yet.

Thanks!

well you definitely have a problem. I downloaded your manual for that board and I could not find either a jumper or a bios adjustment for a multiplier. That board auto sets vcore and multi. YOU cant do squat as far as overclocking with that board you can adjust mem timings and as far as fsb you have like 2 choices pick this or that! SORRY but look at it this way. here is your excuse for wanting to upgrade being you have a mobile it is not recognized by board it is very common thing but that board is not a overclockers board per-se :eek:

Back