Ceton Infinitv PCI 6 No channel map - Will not pair with Comcast

Has anyone had an issue with Ceton Tuners and Cable Cards where the cable card refuses to pair? I have tried 4 different cable cards as well as a complete reinstall of windows but I cannot get my tuner to work at all. I'm not sure if it's the tuner, comcast, or something else. Comcast says they are sending the right signals and I've tried many many cable cards to no avail. I was able to get local channels to tune at one point due to the fact that they are ClearQAM and also because I had a cached channel map. I tried to clear that and now it will not download the latest channel map. I know it's not a signal issue because I was able to tune the local channels in HD even without any issues at all. The Ceton diagnostics show that the card needs a CCV and a HIT or INT signal from the cable company. The rest are green check marks including the OOB which I thought is what provided that channel maps. Help!

No, I've never needed one before. I've been using this setup with Comcast for the past 3-4 years. I've never had nor needed anything else.

No, I've never needed one before. I've been using this setup with Comcast for the past 3-4 years. I've never had nor needed anything else.

It might be the cable that plugs into the card to the coax. Might went bad and had it replaced by Ceton which fixed the issue, but I had very similar issue.

I wish I had the phone number for "the cable card guy" at comcast. There are like 1 or 2 experts that actually know what the hell you are doing, while everyone else is retarded when it comes to cable cards. When I was having issues activated mine last year I found the number online and they were able to send the appropriate signals and just needed me to read off some numbers and then I was good to go. Mind you, this was after like 3 days of talking to idiots who were about to send a tech to my house.

Let me see if I can find that number.

edit: pretty sure this is it. 1-877-761-5015. If it's a tech in Colorado then you've reached the right person to talk to :)

I wish I had the phone number for "the cable card guy" at comcast. There are like 1 or 2 experts that actually know what the hell you are doing, while everyone else is retarded when it comes to cable cards. When I was having issues activated mine last year I found the number online and they were able to send the appropriate signals and just needed me to read off some numbers and then I was good to go. Mind you, this was after like 3 days of talking to idiots who were about to send a tech to my house.

Let me see if I can find that number.

edit: pretty sure this is it. X-XXX-XXX-XXXX. If it's a tech in Colorado then you've reached the right person to talk to :)

You might want to send that in a PM and edit out the phone number. Not sure how that works with rules about personal information.

You might want to send that in a PM and edit out the phone number. Not sure how that works with rules about personal information.

Well it's a Comcast number, it's just the line the to second teir support for cable cards or something. But mods feel free to edit

Mines been having low/no signal issues out of nowhere. :eek:

Last edited:
Has anyone had an issue with Ceton Tuners and Cable Cards where the cable card refuses to pair? I have tried 4 different cable cards as well as a complete reinstall of windows but I cannot get my tuner to work at all. I'm not sure if it's the tuner, comcast, or something else. Comcast says they are sending the right signals and I've tried many many cable cards to no avail. I was able to get local channels to tune at one point due to the fact that they are ClearQAM and also because I had a cached channel map. I tried to clear that and now it will not download the latest channel map. I know it's not a signal issue because I was able to tune the local channels in HD even without any issues at all. The Ceton diagnostics show that the card needs a CCV and a HIT or INT signal from the cable company. The rest are green check marks including the OOB which I thought is what provided that channel maps. Help!

Dumb question have you had it paired through comcast where you give them the HOST ID?

Are you using windows media center?

Are you using a tuning adapter? If so you may want to try a splitter between the CETON and the tuning adapter. Depending on the tuning adapter and the firmware it may not support more then 4 tuners.

If you haven't done so you could verify you did everything on this installation guide.http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/InfiniTV%204%20Detailed%20Installation%20Procedure%20v1.2.pdf

Last edited:
I'm *very* surprised you still have ClearQAM. Comcast did away with it in the greater Sacramento area years ago.

Thank you for all your responses.

Yes I have given them all the informaton they would ever want such as the cable card serial, mac address of my device, the host id, the data, etc etc etc.

I agree that 9/10 I get someone who is like uhhhhhhh what? Thankfully tonight I got someone competent but no dice.

I contacted Ceton who said this:

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the pairing process. We have reviewed your InfiniTV diagnostic and the card itself checks out fine. The card operational and communicating with your cableCARD, Windows, and Media Center. It has OOB lock, the appropriate signal strength, and quality required to pair your cableCARD.

Unfortunately, when attempting to pair a cableCARD you will almost always need to stay on the phone with your cable company until you see it actually see it pair go green and view TV. Regardless what they tell you they cannot see the status of your cableCARD or the InfiniTV, and it almost always takes them more than one attempt to have everything link up correctly.

We have the phone listing for the cableCARD hotlines here: http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/34/30/cablecard-pairing

========================================================================================================================================================

IMPORTANT: We have listed below Windows updates and configuration setting that directly effect the InfiniTV and Media Center. The installation and settings outlined below are required for continued support and should help reduce the issues you are having.

1. Upgrade your PCI drivers to the latest Microsoft Windows 7 RTM/SP1 hotfix. The link below discusses a specific scenario, but it contains other fixes as well:

KB Article Number(s): 2601456 for Windows 7 SP1.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2601456

2. Change your Power Options by following the instructions below:

-- Open Control Panel, navigate to the Power Options icon, and double click it.
-- From the Power Options dialog box choose "Change Plan Settings" from the current selected power plan.
-- Click the "Change Advanced Power Settings" link
-- Scroll to PCI Express and expand the Link State Power Management section
-- Click the setting and change it to "Off"
-- Save and reboot the computer.

3. You may have an IRQ conflict with the slot you have it in. Move it to a new slot (Remember you can put it in x1, x4, x8, x16).

4. Finish ALL your Microsoft Windows Updates. There are several important Network and Kernel Hotfixes required.

5. Install Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746119

6. Install the latest network driver directly from the manufacturers website. (Top 3 listed below)

-- http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
-- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
-- http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php

7. Make sure that your NIC is not allowed to power down. Please see below:
-- Open Device Manager
-- Right click on your NIC card and select "Properties"
-- Select the "Power Management" tab; then CLEAR the "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" check box

8. Disable IPv6 On your NIC & InfiniTV: Use this link to disable or re-enable IPv6. Here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Please let us know if any of these steps helped, and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank You,
Ceton Support

So basically at this point I have no idea. I have a tech scheduled for Thursday morning but honestly what the heck is he going to do that I haven't been able to do up to this point? It's not like I'm a novice nor intermediate user. Everything has been working fine for years until the other day and then nothing. If a wipe of the system and a diag log to Ceton shows that everything is fine except the device isn't pairing, doesn't that show it's a Comcast issue?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for all your responses.

Yes I have given them all the informaton they would ever want such as the cable card serial, mac address of my device, the host id, the data, etc etc etc.

I agree that 9/10 I get someone who is like uhhhhhhh what? Thankfully tonight I got someone competent but no dice.

I contacted Ceton who said this:

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the pairing process. We have reviewed your InfiniTV diagnostic and the card itself checks out fine. The card operational and communicating with your cableCARD, Windows, and Media Center. It has OOB lock, the appropriate signal strength, and quality required to pair your cableCARD.

Unfortunately, when attempting to pair a cableCARD you will almost always need to stay on the phone with your cable company until you see it actually see it pair go green and view TV. Regardless what they tell you they cannot see the status of your cableCARD or the InfiniTV, and it almost always takes them more than one attempt to have everything link up correctly.

We have the phone listing for the cableCARD hotlines here: http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/34/30/cablecard-pairing

========================================================================================================================================================

IMPORTANT: We have listed below Windows updates and configuration setting that directly effect the InfiniTV and Media Center. The installation and settings outlined below are required for continued support and should help reduce the issues you are having.

1. Upgrade your PCI drivers to the latest Microsoft Windows 7 RTM/SP1 hotfix. The link below discusses a specific scenario, but it contains other fixes as well:

KB Article Number(s): 2601456 for Windows 7 SP1.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2601456

2. Change your Power Options by following the instructions below:

-- Open Control Panel, navigate to the Power Options icon, and double click it.
-- From the Power Options dialog box choose "Change Plan Settings" from the current selected power plan.
-- Click the "Change Advanced Power Settings" link
-- Scroll to PCI Express and expand the Link State Power Management section
-- Click the setting and change it to "Off"
-- Save and reboot the computer.

3. You may have an IRQ conflict with the slot you have it in. Move it to a new slot (Remember you can put it in x1, x4, x8, x16).

4. Finish ALL your Microsoft Windows Updates. There are several important Network and Kernel Hotfixes required.

5. Install Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746119

6. Install the latest network driver directly from the manufacturers website. (Top 3 listed below)

-- http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
-- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
-- http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php

7. Make sure that your NIC is not allowed to power down. Please see below:
-- Open Device Manager
-- Right click on your NIC card and select "Properties"
-- Select the "Power Management" tab; then CLEAR the "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" check box

8. Disable IPv6 On your NIC & InfiniTV: Use this link to disable or re-enable IPv6. Here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Please let us know if any of these steps helped, and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank You,
Ceton Support

So basically at this point I have no idea. I have a tech scheduled for Thursday morning but honestly what the heck is he going to do that I haven't been able to do up to this point? It's not like I'm a novice nor intermediate user. Everything has been working fine for years until the other day and then nothing. If a wipe of the system and a diag log to Ceton shows that everything is fine except the device isn't pairing, doesn't that show it's a Comcast issue?

Any other suggestions?

were you able to get in touch with someone at the number I listed? What did they say about it?

Any other suggestions?

If the tech can't get it to pair I would suggest telling Ceton that your coax adapter cable is bad. I had the same thing with a system that was paired with my cable provider and one day it would no longer pair. I tried a different cable card and the issue was still there. After Ceton replaced my coax cable adapter it was back running. I wish they had a better way to connect the coax to the card that coax adapter can be a little bit fragile.

This is what Ceton just wrote me after I followed up with them on their suggestions:

We want to thank you for your patience and assistance in troubleshooting the issues you've been experiencing, and after looking through all the information all indications are that your InfiniTV is working as intended, and not suffering from hardware damage or failure.

At this point we will need to reach out to your cable company to see what problems they may be having, and work with them to resolve it. In order to do this, we will need your account information.

We require the following information. Please see below:

Account Holder Name:
Account Address:
Address Line Two:
Account City/State/Zip:
Account Number:
Account Phone Number:
Best Contact Number (if different):
Best Contact Days and Time:

After this process is begun, please do not reach out to your cable provider's normal support methods. Contacting them outside of our process can interfere with our ability to work with your cable provider to resolve this issue.

Also, we have no control over how long this takes to get a resolution. We will update you as soon as we hear back from your MSO.

Additionally, please capture and attach an updated Ceton diagnostic so we have the most recent data to work with when contacting your cable company. Please do this even if you have provided one previously, as our cable operator contacts request that we verify the most-current information.

Lastly, in order for you cable provider to investigate, your PC and InfiniTV need to be left on, connected to the cable TV wire and with the CableCARD left inserted in the InfiniTV until the issue is resolved. Also, if you PC goes to sleep, disable sleep mode for now.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Ceton Support

They're usually pretty good at resolving issues when they talk to the cable company themselves. I had an issue with Charter where trying to get it fixed myself was a complete dead end with the phone and office people, but Ceton was able to use their inside contacts to fix the issue pretty quickly.

I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I was on the phone for a long time with Comcast and my Ceton Diagnostic show the same thing. The Ceton diagnostics show that the card needs a CCV and a HIT or INT signal from the cable company. I have anothe cable card which I am going to try. Also I purchased another http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTJN480?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 coax cable adapter as Ceton wanted to charge me $9.95 for a cable.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I was on the phone for a long time with Comcast and my Ceton Diagnostic show the same thing. The Ceton diagnostics show that the card needs a CCV and a HIT or INT signal from the cable company. I have anothe cable card which I am going to try. Also I purchased another http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTJN480?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 coax cable adapter as Ceton wanted to charge me $9.95 for a cable.

Was your Ceton out of warranty? I got mine replaced by Ceton for free under warranty. Though that cable on amazon does look a bit more sturdy compared to the one that comes with the card. Thanks for the link I think I will pick one up in case the coax cable adapter goes bad on me again.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I have a bit of good news. Comcast field reps don't completely suck after all.

The guy comes over and thought it was a Tivo issue because in my area they just switched from MPEG2 to MPEG4 for content delivery to the box. A lot of Tivos don't support MPEG 4 and I guess they have to be upgraded. I politely explained that wasn't the issue and gave him the entire saga of what was going on. He tested the levels outside and in my house and everything was perfect. He was stumped.

So he called the comcast cable card people and ran through the same process as I did. I thought, here we go again and nothing is going to get fixed. Of course, it didn't work and he got off the phone and still didn't know what to do. Then he got an idea and called up some special dept that he had access to and had them check what headend I was on and lo and behold I wasn't! So he had them switch it on my account to the proper headend and everything paired immediately and the channel map came through. I was super beyond happy! So he left and Media Center is still having an issue where it says that it doesn't detect a signal but at this point that's not a comcast issue I just haven't had time to troubleshoot.

TL;DR - Check if your area upgraded from MPEG2 to MPEG4 and if so make sure you got switched to the proper headend. I hope this helps someone!

I'm still having issues. I cannot tune to channels in Windows Media Center. Even though in the Ceton Diag page I can now successfully tune any channel I want. I have reset the Ceton back to defaults, I have run every windows update. I have gone through WMC setup again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I have changed dongles. Nothing has worked. Comcast over the phone ALWAYS sends me to somewhere in India where they DO NOT LISTEN to what I am saying. I'm very frustrated as I haven't had TV in two weeks now and the american reps know nothing about cablecards so I'm sent to somewhere in India who really don't have a clue, don't listen, and are only really able pair the cable card and that's now not my issue. Any other suggestions?

honestly it sounds like a software issue. Do you have another pc you could try? Are you redoing the WMC advanced setup?

Comcast came this morning. Looks like it was still an issue with the headend. They got it sorted out this morning and everything is finally working now. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Back