ceton infinitv 4 for HTPC build

So it doesn't need an IR transceiver?

All Harmony remotes are IR.

Your computer needs a way to receive IR.

Your Harmony needs to be told that you have a device running Windows Media Center and configure it to the right inputs/whatever to see the computer (done via wizard on your PC).

Then, you profit.

If you don't have an IR receiver, you can buy an IR receiver and remote like the one in the below link, trash the remote, and plug in the receiver side to cover that need. No drivers or configuration should be required.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Control-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309359763&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rK0BRoboL.@@AMEPARAM@@41rK0BRoboL[/ame]

Okay, that's what I thought when I read the above, but I confused myself...lol! Thank you for the explanation.

Oh, sorry for adding to the confusion. You said "IR remote" when you meant "IR receiver". My bad. Yes, you need a receiver so your computer knows your remote is sending it IR signals. If you haven't bought anything yet, you can just get receivers on ebay for under $10. If you already have a MCE remote with receiver, use what you got already. You shouldn't need a MCE remote (unless you want to teach the harmony special commands or something like that, but really, you can select just about any option from the drop down list in the driver). All you need is just the receiver.

I went ahead and purchased the MCE remote linked above as I wanted to have that remote as well, just to play around with. Should have it tomorrow.

Well, have run into my first issue. Ever since I installed Win7 SP1 I've been having problems with the computer on occasion when it suspends. Anyone else seen this issue? Right now I'm uninstalling SP1 to see if that resolves the issue...

FYI, uninstalling SP1 did indeed fix most of the issues. It was crashing every time it suspended, which was leaving it useless as a DVR. After uninstalling SP1, it's mostly behaving, but I've had it crash a couple times while I have something paused. Once was while I had recorded TV paused and the other time was when I had a netflix stream paused. Both times I had paused the playback for about 10 minutes and when I came back the screen was in Windows and had the "this application has crashed" message up asking me to push restart the app or go to help on this issue. Restarting it worked both times, but I had to go back in and select the media again and continue my playback. Has anyone seen this issue? I'd like to see if I can resolve it so I don't have to worry about crashes anymore. Thanks... ;)

So, I have a couple of issues after having this system for a while. First of all, if I leave media center up, but idle for more then 20 - 30 minutes, media center crashes. The other odd thing is that it often seems to "lose" the tuners and decide to not display any TV. Occasionally it'll just sit on a screen for a few minutes, then show the station, or sometimes it'll kick back with various odd messages. Sometimes exiting media center and going back in will fix the problem, but sometimes I have to go through the wizard for the card all over again and then the system "finds" the tuners. Anyone seen these issues by chance?

Back