Ceton InfiniTV 4 Digital Cable Quad-tuner Card PCIe Amazon $199 + FS

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Guess this means I'll finally be moving forward with the purchase. :D

Super deal, got mine @ $230 on a hot deal awhile back and enjoy it a lot as a 7MC tuner with a 360 extender.

Anybody have a link to instructions on how to get these work properly? I've got Comcast cable and have been passing my set top box through my 2250 tuner and need better picture. One of these would be great!

Anybody have a link to instructions on how to get these work properly? I've got Comcast cable and have been passing my set top box through my 2250 tuner and need better picture. One of these would be great!

Super-easy to do. Check out the Ceton site, basically install card (or hook USB), install driver, insert cablecard, go through wizard in WMC7's setup. Get cable co to activate card, and you're good to go. REMEMBER: The cableCARD has to be an M-card for this device :).

I just got done looking at amazon and newegg and both have some pretty iffy reviews on this card. It seems to have problems running consistently, runs hot and has a flimsy dongle.

I just got done looking at amazon and newegg and both have some pretty iffy reviews on this card. It seems to have problems running consistently, runs hot and has a flimsy dongle.

Pebkac. Dongle is fine, just don't bang it. Runs consistently fine for me and has for several months, heat is fine. Fairly cool, these people have bad case cooling I assume.

I'm not sure if the price dropped on the HDHR Prime but its $191 @ amazon as well.

Pebkac. Dongle is fine, just don't bang it. Runs consistently fine for me and has for several months, heat is fine. Fairly cool, these people have bad case cooling I assume.

Ok. Just posting what I had seen on this card. Im waffling on it since I have a dual hybrid tuner now and no digital cable.

Ok. Just posting what I had seen on this card. Im waffling on it since I have a dual hybrid tuner now and no digital cable.

Yeah, I know. Just debunking the bad info :), I am on a tablet so typing shortly. Not being short with you :p.

Its a good card bought it almost a year ago for the 299 price and its been great, use it as the main TV in our house i have 3 tuners for that and i have one for my pc up in my room and use it for my primary tv in my room also the network tuners is great also. Using comcast and its been great

I have one of the originals and it's so good i ordered another one. One of the best investments if you have an htpc.

I think my dream setup would be 4-8 tuners in a server and 4 extenders in the house. Problem is, I don't have the extenders nor the network to handle the activity.

Note: This is a digital tuner only. (For those who still have 1-100 analog channels)

That only has 3 tuners.

TV is never so awesome that I want to watch more than 2 things at a time. Depends on your needs.

Those 3 tuners can get assign dynamically to PC's as they are needed while the 4 ceton tuners are statically assigned, in WMC from what I understand.

I would grab one if I had digital cable but dont currently (and really have no plans on getting it) given the rebuttal's of what I found.

Great deal! I bought mine back when it was 250$ or 299$ and love it. WMC7 is perfect. Its nice because not only is it my DVR, it plays my Blu-ray rips, secondary gaming computer, netflix, and I save about 20$ a month from my cable company.

I bought mine for $220 around BF I think... still haven't used it b/c I want to install it up in my new house that I'm supposed to be closing on very shortly.

What's the cheapest option for extenders? I have 2 xboxes, but one will be by the HTPC (redundant for TV, but I need the Xbox there), and the other xbox goes into my office for my late-night gaming. I need something cheap for the bedroom. Any ideas? I have a WD HD Media player, but I don't think that will work...

I bought mine for $220 around BF I think... still haven't used it b/c I want to install it up in my new house that I'm supposed to be closing on very shortly.

Hah, I just bought one of these today...hoping to get it up and running before we move into the house we just closed on a couple weeks ago =)

What's the cheapest option for extenders? I have 2 xboxes, but one will be by the HTPC (redundant for TV, but I need the Xbox there), and the other xbox goes into my office for my late-night gaming. I need something cheap for the bedroom. Any ideas? I have a WD HD Media player, but I don't think that will work...

Cheapest option is an X360 Arcade or other small $100 version. They're the best extenders :).

Had an ATI cablecard first and then a Ceton. Have had my Ceton for over a year now and never a single issue. Use it on Comcast.

You have to contact them and get a "truck roll" and they will bring you a cablecard and pair it for you. You have to obviously install the Ceton tuner yourself and get your PC ready for it.

Cablecard is free of charge by law as long as you already have cable and HD service.

I paid about $400 for mine when it first came out....and waited 6 months for it.

RIP thegreenbutton.....

Last edited:
Had an ATI cablecard first and then a Ceton. Have had my Ceton for over a year now and never a single issue. Use it on Comcast.

You have to contact them and get a "truck roll" and they will bring you a cablecard and pair it for you. You have to obviously install the Ceton tuner yourself and get your PC ready for it.

Cablecard is free of charge by law as long as you already have cable and HD service.

I paid about $400 for mine when it first came out....and waited 6 months for it.

RIP thegreenbutton.....
I take it Comcast will refuse self-installs? :/

They can't anymore. See bullet point #4.

FCC CableCARD: Know Your Rights

Ah okay, that's cool. Since they allow self-install of modems (and maybe other stuff, but haven't dived into that yet), they'd have to allow me to self-install this. I'm so tempted to get it but don't really have the cash to spare :(. Hopefully they'll have another deal in a month or two!

I take it Comcast will refuse self-installs? :/

I installed my own cable card in my ati digital tuners about 10 months ago. I just called them gave them the numbers from WMC and that was pretty much it.

I installed my own cable card in my ati digital tuners about 10 months ago. I just called them gave them the numbers from WMC and that was pretty much it.

So it's similar to having to call them up to give them the modem MAC? sounds simple enough. Really tempted to pick this thing up :)

Afaik this is not true, about cablecards being free, straight from the FCC (unless maybe you mean if you also have an STB, but if you are getting a cablecard you are probably ditching the STB):

Accurate information on the rental cost of a CableCARD from your provider. Your operator must list the cost of a CableCARD rental on its website or billing inserts and on its annual rate notice, and must provide you with this information when you call. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(5), 76.1602(b). Typically operators charge $2-4 per month to rent a CableCARD.

Also you must be allowed to self install CC now:

Self-install your CableCARD. Effective August 8, 2011, cable operators must allow self-installation of CableCARDs if they allow self-installation of other equipment, such as digital boxes or cable modems. By November 1, 2011, all cable operators must allow self-installation of CableCARDs. Your operator may decline your request for self-installation if your equipment manufacturer or vendor does not provide you with instructions on how to install a CableCARD and offer a toll-free telephone number for product support. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(1).

Comcast paycenters have cablecards, just take your STB in and trade it for a multicard cablecard and set it up.

Comcast paycenters have cablecards, just take your STB in and trade it for a multicard cablecard and set it up.

Cool, sounds easy enough. If I can get a good deal on one of these next month or so I'll do it :).

Back