Ceton InfiniTV 4 Card questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

I am in the process of designing a HTPC (from new parts) however I do not have, nor do I have any plans to order digital service from my Cable Co. With that being said, will I still be able to use this card without a Cable Card and can I still use all 4 tuners?

From the Ceton FAQ:
A: Clear QAM (e.g. unencrypted digital cable): Yes, InfiniTV supports Clear QAM channels; however, Windows Media Center requires that you have a CableCARD inserted in your InfiniTV device in order to configure the tuners in Media Center. Once your InfiniTV is paired and activated with your local cable system, then you can remove the CableCARD if you wish to receive ClearQAM channels only.

Interesting. So if I don't use MCE I should be okay then. Think I might up the budget on my htpc then if that's the case. Although a dual would probably handle my recording needs.

I believe this was hit or miss. I would contact Ceton directly and get confirmation before you purchase the card.

Basically each cable provider is different and it even depends on the region you live in. So for some it has worked and others it does not. For support is it just easier to say that we require it because it will then work 100% of the time.

Depending on your cable provider they should rent you 1 for free each month. I have 1 from comcast right now and they don't charge me anything.

Basically each cable provider is different and it even depends on the region you live in. So for some it has worked and others it does not. For support is it just easier to say that we require it because it will then work 100% of the time.

Depending on your cable provider they should rent you 1 for free each month. I have 1 from comcast right now and they don't charge me anything.

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth or give anyone false hope, but didn't Eric say there was a reg tweak to enable that? Or would that also apply to certain providers/other circumstances?

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth or give anyone false hope, but didn't Eric say there was a reg tweak to enable that? Or would that also apply to certain providers/other circumstances?

I think out of the box it "might" work and media center will detect it fine, but it is nearly impossible for us to know every single region and provider :(

Back