CES Remains For Men, By Men

HardOCP News

[H] News
The fact that Intel pledged $300 million to a diversity initiative during CES is proof positive that CES is for me, by men. :rolleyes:

In Las Vegas, more than 160,000 attendees are ambling through the hallowed halls of CES hoping to get a glimpse at the future. Unfortunately, in 2015, the landscape of the future remains sculpted by men, for men. At the handful of early keynotes that set the tone for the conference to come, the men on stage expressed concern for a number of emerging industry frictions, but a dialogue around diversity was nowhere in sight.

What, is CES now supposed to showcase the newest technological innovations of Barbie dolls?

Boohoo. They don't market boat shows to 9 year old girls either. Does that mean they're under represented due to some form of gender bias?

Sorry the industry is dominated by males?

Seriously, why are we always apologizing for something that "is what it is".

It's gross how certain groups will stress equality for the sake of equality.

FEMALES DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUFF.

FEMALES DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUFF.

And the counter argument they often make is that its because men drive them away from wanting to be part of it, which I've seen plenty of myself having worked in multiple tech fields my whole life.

Men are evil dont you know. Wicked, despicable, horrible creatures. (sorta true unfortunately) :(

Several of my co-workers are there right now. They happen to have vaginas.

What, is CES now supposed to showcase the newest technological innovations of Barbie dolls?

Maybe? This is the Consumer Electronics Show. Are women not consumers of electronics?

For instance, bio-metrics are pretty big with women right now. One of my co-workers wrote about a yoga mat that helps you with you positioning being showcased at CES right now, is that only for males?

Electronics are in everything these days, as CES loves to show us. Making the event appeal to more people only makes sense. This isn't the 50's where gadgets are for boys only and women get clothes and items for the kitchen.

Several of my co-workers are there right now. They happen to have vaginas.

Maybe? This is the Consumer Electronics Show. Are women not consumers of electronics?

For instance, bio-metrics are pretty big with women right now. One of my co-workers wrote about a yoga mat that helps you with you positioning being showcased at CES right now, is that only for males?

Electronics are in everything these days, as CES loves to show us. Making the event appeal to more people only makes sense. This isn't the 50's where gadgets are for boys only and women get clothes and items for the kitchen.

The article if you can call that drivel that isn't talking about the types of "gadgets" there. It is a click bait article complaining about the following points pulled directly from the article;

1) Lack of diversity conversations - Because an Electronics showcase is Clearly the proper place to address workplace diversity. :rolleyes:

2) Lack of women keynote speakers - Again who gives a shit except SJW shills. I don't really see some grand conspiracy just because men are doing most of the presentations. Hell I hadn't even noticed as I usually tune the speakers out as fast as possible.

3) More whining about "booth Babes" at an event that the majority of the attendee's are male and also continuing to ignore the simple fact that sex always has and always will sell. Its like the writer is living in some fantasy land that is oblivious to how the real world works.

4) More moaning that there was no in depth discussion about corporate culture and too much focus on the electronics at the "Consumer Electronics Show".

That pretty much sums up that pile of refuse. I'm sorry I gave it a view as it really is just clickbait garbage trying to create an issue out of nothing.

I'd bet on this thread turning into an absolute shit show, but the pay out would be dismally low.

I think more scantily clad booth babes at needle point conventions would get more men interested in needle point and kniting industry.

The article if you can call that drivel that isn't talking about the types of "gadgets" there. It is a click bait article complaining about the following points pulled directly from the article;

1) Lack of diversity conversations - Because an Electronics showcase is Clearly the proper place to address workplace diversity. :rolleyes:

2) Lack of women keynote speakers - Again who gives a shit except SJW shills. I don't really see some grand conspiracy just because men are doing most of the presentations. Hell I hadn't even noticed as I usually tune the speakers out as fast as possible.

3) More whining about "booth Babes" at an event that the majority of the attendee's are male and also continuing to ignore the simple fact that sex always has and always will sell. Its like the writer is living in some fantasy land that is oblivious to how the real world works.

4) More moaning that there was no in depth discussion about corporate culture and too much focus on the electronics at the "Consumer Electronics Show".

That pretty much sums up that pile of refuse. I'm sorry I gave it a view as it really is just clickbait garbage trying to create an issue out of nothing.

However... the one place where lines are actually shorter for the women's restroom :)

^^ exactly, i don't see any " no women allowed signs"

I thought women want equality, instead of waiting for men to give it to you, go take it?

Wow. Is this thread populated primarily by #gamergate refugees? It's okay, kids. Even if there are someday fewer busty/scantily clad models at CES, the Vegas strip clubs will still be open. :rolleyes:

Wow. Is this thread populated primarily by #gamergate refugees? It's okay, kids. Even if there are someday fewer busty/scantily clad models at CES, the Vegas strip clubs will still be open. :rolleyes:

It ain't our fault that The Way of the Neckbeard isn't exactly a female fan favorite. :cool:

I don't think most of us really give a damn about booth babes so much as the shitty justifications being used to wage a PC war. If I really want to see T&A there is plenty better than at CES, but that doesn't make me ok with SJW agenda.

Dekoth-E pretty much sums it up. Most people might like booth babes, but would we really give a damn, if they left? Probably not.

I don't think most of us really give a damn about booth babes so much as the shitty justifications being used to wage a PC war. If I really want to see T&A there is plenty better than at CES, but that doesn't make me ok with SJW agenda.

Yup.

Disqualify! Liek OMG guys, you're soo mean.

Any women who are interested in the stuff shown at CES will attend regardless of what the delusional author thinks. And they do attend.

It's just so happens that the majority of people who are interested in these stuff are male. It has always been this way, and this is a fact everyone knows.

So I don't understand why these SJW are constantly making noises about this.

Can someone mod COD:AW so that all the guns shoot Teddy Bears and when a person is shot with them they catch it and faint from pure joy and happiness?

That way Anita Sarkeesian can call it the greatest video game ever. :rolleyes:

I doubt she could figure out how to launch it though.
https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/549444143072555009

Intel should have done a better job picking its partners. It isn't really a great call to pick someone that mocks PC Gaming as a whole.

I'm gonna have to ask you to step away from this thread. Sexually repressed men are busy being offended so your non-emo reason and sense need to go somewhere else until the need to be outraged over something that almost no one actually goes to has ended. :D

And Milan Fashion Week is for women by women, while heterosexual men are underrepresented. Yet the mainstream media (political propaganda) never complain about that.

That's the issue. This is a blatant celebration of capitalism, and capitalism is the primary weapon of the patriarchy which needs to be dismantled.

That's the issue. This is a blatant celebration of capitalism, and capitalism is the primary weapon of the patriarchy which needs to be dismantled.

:rolleyes:

I ain't even. That's a good one, too good. I've got to salute you with none other than...

il1jaw.gif

How much of that cool $300 million Intel cash is going straight into Anita Sarkeesian's hoop earring and jumberjack shirt fund?

Point VIII of this massive article would like to have a talk with her:
http://slatestarcodex.com/2015/01/01/untitled/

^^ That article is actually pretty darn awesome, just massive enough that yes, you have to give pointers.

Some excerpts that may tease people to actually read at least the part i am pointing:

"By late high school, the gap between men and women in math and programming is already as large as it will ever be. Yes, it’s true that only 20 – 23% of tech workers are women. But less than twenty percent of high school students who choose to the AP Computer Science test are women."

^^ The industry isn't sexist per se, can't have more representation than there actually exists in the first place.

"... Did you know that young monkeys express pretty much exactly the same gendered toy preferences as human children? Rhesus monkeys, vervet monkeys, pretty much whatever species of monkeys you try it on, the male monkeys enjoy wheeled toys more and the female monkeys plush toys more. The word reviewers use to describe the magnitude of the result is “overwhelming”...."

^^ Well, apparently those pesky X and Y chromosomes may have something to do with general choices if this happens on other primates...

Civilization must be dismantled! Thankfully with extremist feminism and multiculturalism this is the end result! Just remember, Shariah Law is the future you asked for.

While I don't see anything wrong with a lack of diversity at CES.. about 70% of the comments in this thread so far are incredibly chauvinistic, I hope most of you making these comments don't have female counterparts.

While I don't see anything wrong with a lack of diversity at CES.. about 70% of the comments in this thread so far are incredibly chauvinistic, I hope most of you making these comments don't have female counterparts.

Of course we have female counterparts. I believe that men and women are equally capable of being cynical assholes that don't like PC bullshit.

Back