Certified [F]laming! $209.99 + tax free shipping Soyo 26" LCD

Just saw this on SD. Great price for a TN panel. I don't give a damn about viewing angles because I generally sit in FRONT of my computer screens.
Might just get one.

MT-NI-DYLM26E6 Specifications
Panel Specs: Type: 26.0" color TFT active matrix WUXGA LCD
Display Area:
Optimum Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Contrast Ratio: 1200:1
Viewing Angle: 176°(H), 176°(V)
Light Source: 40,000 hours (typ)
Response Time: 2ms
Brightness: 500 nits (typ)
Display Colors: 16.7 million
Pixel Pitch: 0.285mm
Frequency: Fh: 30 kHz - 80 kHz; Fv: 50 Hz - 75 Hz
Bandwidth: 135MHz
Connectors: VGA (Connector: 15-pin mini D-sub): Yes
DVI: Yes
Audio: Yes
Picture Control: Brightness/Contrast: Yes
Color Temperature Control: Yes
Sound: Audio Output Power: 2 x 2 watt
Power: Voltage: AC 100~240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
Consumption: < 100W (typ)
Other Features: Buttons: Auto Adjust, Menu, Up, Down, Power
OSD: Brightness, Contrast, Auto Adjust, Phase Clock, H. Position, V. Position, Sharpness, Color, Temperature, Language, OSD H/V Position, Video Select, Recall, Volume
OSD Language: English,Spanish, Portuguese,French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplify, Nederlands
Dimension: Net (W x H x D): 23.86 in x 19.37 in x 10.63 in (with Stand)
Gross (W x H x D): 27.56in x 22.64in x 9.29in
Weight: Net: 9.22 kg / 20.33 lbs
Gross: 11.26 kg / 24.82 lbs
Package Content: VGA Signal Cable: 1
Audio Cable: 1
User Manual: 1
DVI Cables: N/A
Dual Monitor Stand: N/A
Operating Conditions: Temperature: 32°F - 104°F; 0°C - 40°C;
Humidity: 10% - 85% (non-condensing)
Regulations: UL: Yes
CSE TUV/GS: Yes
CE: Yes
FCC: Yes
RoHS: N/A
Window Vista Certify: Yes
Others:

Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Cabinet Color: Black
UPC Code: 660475303633
Made In: China

HOLY SHIT!

i wish i had the cash in hand, otherwise i would buy this right now!

all well, i guess i can wait till november and go to costco to pick up one of those 28" hanns g ones :|

not bad but i'd have to get a third pmva 24'' if it was available over this ;)

Just got one--my eyes can barely read 17" wuxga anymore. Time to treat them to 26" wuxga. :D

TN's the best for games. <3

Just saw this on SD. Great price for a TN panel. I don't give a damn about viewing angles because I generally sit in FRONT of my computer screens.
Might just get one.

lol, even sitting directly in front of your screen try putting up a full screen gray or blue, its going to magically turn into a gradient in front of your eyes.

I nearly pulled the trigger when I first saw this on SD. But I already have a HP LP3065, NEC 20WMGX2, Dell 2007FP, Samsung 204B and a 17in notebook on my desk. Dunno WTF I am going to do with a 26in. But at this price it is a STEAL.

Mmm... I knew there was a reason I returned that 26" Emprex :D

Don't forget you can get 3% Live cashback too

Benchmark Reviews definitely liked this one a lot more than the 28" Hanns-G. I don't need this but I'm considering ordering one for me for when I work on computers and one for my parents, lol.

I snagged it and I have a 24" dell that i'll just flip on craigslist!

....just after I bought that 26" sceptre deal on newegg last week. fuck

IF only it had HDMI and DVI. Man I hate the LCD market, Ive got about 400 to spend, every once in awhile a deal like this will come along and I get all anxious about it but in the end I don't bite because its not quite what I want.

This is a vicious cycle isn't it? I never had to shop for a CRT monitor back in the day, but it couldn't of been this convoluted....

IF only it had HDMI and DVI. Man I hate the LCD market, Ive got about 400 to spend, every once in awhile a deal like this will come along and I get all anxious about it but in the end I don't bite because its not quite what I want.

This is a vicious cycle isn't it? I never had to shop for a CRT monitor back in the day, but it couldn't of been this convoluted....

You can add HDCP to any monitor that has an analog VGA input by using this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10114&cs_id=1011402&p_id=4559&seq=1&format=2

I know you're thinking that because it's analog VGA the picture will suck but this thing has great reviews in home theater circles and those people are seriously pickey about image quality. Analog doesn't matter very much on the fury because the analog signal path is so short. The dongle plus directly into the VGA HD15 port. You should never put the fury at the end of a VGA cable because the analog signal will go to shit if it has to travel more than an inch or two.

You can use these to switch multiple DVI inputs:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011004&p_id=4069&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011004&p_id=4070&seq=1&format=2

(Those switches only do "single link" DVI. Dual link switches are more money.)

Damn I'm not sure if I want to do (I assume itll be back) this or wait it out until Black Friday....

Rocking a 21 inch Viewsonic that I completely love, but a 24 or 26 inch is calling my name.

I hope this comes back at some point tomorrow.

I've been dying to replace my aging 205BW with something better, but I've had a hard time convincing myself to get a budget panel. $200 is low enough that I don't really care if it is less than stellar.

lol, even sitting directly in front of your screen try putting up a full screen gray or blue, its going to magically turn into a gradient in front of your eyes.

Yep, even just moving your eyes a little results in color shift, let alone different colors on top/bottom of screen staying still and poor color definition. I personally could never go back to TN after using an S-IPS :). Still, if you're on a budget and need a big size at the sacrifice of quality, this is a smoking deal.

that's true.... I bought my Samsung 2693 for $315 out the door but returned it due to that problem... looking at the HP 24" IPS panel but steering away because of some small issues it has.. probably going to settle with a Benq pva panel and use one of these soyo's for gaming .... cannot pass up a 26" TN panel even for $202 :) grabbed 2 one for CL one for gaming.

Gaming on a TN is perfect and I don't notice the color/view angles at all... but movies it's a PITA.

I notice it whenever I game on a TN... colors aren't vibrant, and in night levels the picture is much darker on one part than the other... I use TN's and they have their place but for a game and any serious work, or movies, I use my S-IPS.

I think that's all in your head. I'm pretty sure TN vs SIPS is mostly hype unless you're a photo or movie editor.

I think that's all in your head. I'm pretty sure TN vs SIPS is mostly hype unless you're a photo or movie editor.

Do a side-by-side... I have and it's night-and-day :). Anyway, not trying to derail the thread as much as I have :(. This is a good deal on a TN.

Damn I'm not sure if I want to do (I assume itll be back) this or wait it out until Black Friday....

Rocking a 21 inch Viewsonic that I completely love, but a 24 or 26 inch is calling my name.

Black Friday has delivered nothing good in the last 2-3 years...this deal was :eek:

Back