Certified [F]laming! $209.99 + tax free shipping Soyo 26" LCD

HOLY CRAP. Freakin' hotter than marshmallows roasting on an open fire in a boiler room in the middle of the biggest sun in the universe!!! :eek:

Grr, they're possibly fucking me on this one. Looks like I may be out a monitor now, even though I "got in" yesterday. I can hope, I guess.

Soyo 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor (DYLM26E6)
Item no. 21622004
Item Discontinued!This particular item has been discontinued either by OfficeMax or the manufacturer and is not available for delivery. The item may be available at an OfficeMax store. Please use the store locator to find a store near you. Find similar items

-------------

that's what it says on mine also. I ordered hella early. DON'T SCREW ME OFFICEMAX

Aww bummer, I was reading the title hoping this was a tv :)

Status for my 2 monitors is PENDING, but card has been charged already. Purchased at around 1AM on deal day.

Thats nuts! Are there any reviews on this monitor?

Great picture, very bright, no HDMI, in fact it can get too bright with good color balance, not washed out. I have it right next to my dell 2405 and the soyo is as good or better.
I am amazed at how good it looks for a TN.

Downside;
viewing angle is TN, it deteriorates as you go off angle however you have to be OFF angle
haven't used the speakers

Status for my 2 monitors is PENDING, but card has been charged already. Purchased at around 1AM on deal day.

hmmm. I'm kind of bummed about this, as I'd have also liked to get some. I only started to try around 3 AM this morning (monday) I realize it was OOS, accoring to other reports, by then.

Still, I asked CS at the vendor a couple of questions for which I hoped to get a positive response.

-Would it be in stock, again, with the advertised sales time frame?
-Could I get a "rain check" on the instant savings?
-was there any oter limitation on availablity other than the sale time fram?\\The reply didn't seem to relate too well to the actual advertised sale and I noticed the sales link had changed substailally from early morning.

I just wonder if anybody can help answer a couple questions:

1. Does anybody have a site grab (like an htttrack) from the day of the post or later?
2. Anything in the history buffer of your browser : especilly relating to the sales time frame (under instant discount) and the availabily (which I think was described as an ONLINE) button.
3. I sure may have missed anything that said this was available ONLY in an area where it was available for sale in your local store. Got any advice about that?

chuckle. I guess things in HotDeals move too fast for me, sometimes.

Do a side-by-side... I have and it's night-and-day :). Anyway, not trying to derail the thread as much as I have :(. This is a good deal on a TN.

Im sure there are differences, but if you have to put the monitors side-by-side to notice it, is it really that major of an issue? Not IMO at least.

I had this monitor and while it was great for gaming and movies, I would really recommend never putting a PVA or IPS panel next to it.

That's why I had to return it :[

I have an S-IPS right now and ordered this, now I'll be careful not to compare them side by side :D

Fucking.. called and checked status. On backorder, should ship within 5-7 days.

Im sure there are differences, but if you have to put the monitors side-by-side to notice it, is it really that major of an issue? Not IMO at least.

Personally, I don't, but I was suggesting it for you since you didn't seem to be able to see em :).

Called and mine is on back order too.. Said that they expect more to come in soon but no guarantees.

Sucks too because I ordered about 20 mins after it was posted. :mad:

got mine today colors are a little whacked. gonna throw my spyder on it. website says still pending but my neighbor signed for it! go figure:)

You gotta call in to get your real status.. Person on the line said they don't update their order statuses online [wtf]. Said they also ship them out from San Fran btw.

im in pa on east coast. just checked packing slip and this came from a warehouse 5 miles from my house. LOL

This cancellation is the result of an inadvertent pricing error on our website. The price of the Soyo 26” Monitor, which retails for $379.99, was inadvertently given the price of $209.99. Our pricing system, which is automated, failed to catch this price error before it went live on our website. As this was clearly a typographical price error, we have cancelled all orders relating to this price error. This offer was available for online orders only and the item is no longer available from the manufacturer.

---------

/rolleyes

Yea, just saw monnies reappear on my account. What's with all the latest "pricing error" bullshit?

why bother. read the receipt, by the way the monitor isnt that nice. reboxed it up and gonna give as a christmas present.

This cancellation is the result of an inadvertent pricing error on our website. The price of the Soyo 26” Monitor, which retails for $379.99, was inadvertently given the price of $209.99. Our pricing system, which is automated, failed to catch this price error before it went live on our website. As this was clearly a typographical price error, we have cancelled all orders relating to this price error. This offer was available for online orders only and the item is no longer available from the manufacturer.

---------

/rolleyes

These guys must be owned by Dell.

---------

/rolleyes

Can't you call them out since a member got his monitor at the "erroneous" price that they claimed to have canceled all orders for?

Can't you call them out since a member got his monitor at the "erroneous" price that they claimed to have canceled all orders for?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care, and they probably also know that nobody is going to bother suing them over it.

Back