Certification

I don't know about that place, but I'd like to ask anyone that has they're A+ 2003 cert a few questions. Basically I want to know how many questions are on each of the tests and how they are graded (I heard something about scores not being in percentage) in terms of the end grade. I really need to go get this test, but I want to know what I'm getting into test wise. Thanks in advance.

-Rikus

DoMeHardR said:
Bump for me being a cheap ass.
I'm sure you're not THAT cheap, well maybe a little.

RikuS said:
A+ 2003 cert a few questions. Basically I want to know how many questions are on each of the tests

Couple of years ago the CompTIA tests all moved to adaptive testing (I think that's the term) - basically if you miss a question you get more questions on that topic. So the end result is that the test length is variable.

got to www.comptia.org
they have all the info you need on the various exams. I believe each exam for A+ now is 80 questions.

Good thing I did mine in 2003 with 30 questions each.

Thanks for the info, I actually did find out what I needed. Two tests (obviously), 80 questions each and the score goes as high as 900, if you never answer a question you'll get a score of 100. The hardware test needs a score of 515 and the o/s test needs a score of 505, they basically add up to 56% and 57% respectively, really low in my opinion. I guess the only thing I did know for sure was the adaptive thing, which sux for me if I get a printer question right off the bat!

-Rikus

Yeah on my A+ it did all the questions in sections. It started off with like 7 questions on printers.

DoMeHardR said:
Yeah on my A+ it did all the questions in sections. It started off with like 7 questions on printers.

QFT. When I took my A+ tests back in 1999, they asked like 7 or 8 questions regarding stupid daisywheel and dot matrix printers....of course, this test hardly mentioned the existance of windows 98....primarily windows 3.1 or 95....

Laser printers, inkjet printers, and bubblejets, etc maybe nice, but daisywheel printers? :rolleyes:

Back