Cert Auth is referencing AD structure from years ago

jonw757

Gawd
I just set up a new and first Certificate Authority for our domain. I am doing the web request for a certificate and its giving me a failure due to the object not being found. This makes half sense because well I know its not there, but what I dont get is why its referencing my user object in an OU that has not been around for atleast 2 years. I had someone else here try it and the same thing happened, it referenced the OU he was in quite a while ago.

Only thing ive tried so far is to check my account on every domain controller with ADSI edit and they all show my new distinguished name.

correct is CN=Jon Williams,OU=Server,OU=GIS etc....
incorrect is CN=Jon Williams,OU=Desktop,OU=GIS etc...

everything after GIS is the same for both. Help, im lost :(

Finally got the firewall opened up and it was having a seperate trusted domain not able to fully replicate to the rest of our domain controllers. Weird how a lot of other scripts and such had no problem with it.

more than one physical site then? you *do* have a vpn between your firewalls for that traffic to use, right? :)

same physical site was causing the issue. We are different companies I will say though.

Back