CERN Scientists Eye Parallel Universe Breakthrough

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just great, now the Large Hadron Collider is going to blow us up in a parallel universe as well as this one.

Physicists probing the origins of the cosmos hope that next year they will turn up the first proofs of the existence of concepts long dear to science-fiction writers such as hidden worlds and extra dimensions.

Kalabalana

[H]ard|Gawd
Haha, blow us up, come on now, saying things like this, even satirically, is what gets the slower of us genuinely thinking the LHC is some sort of doomsday device rather then the huge boon it is to scientific research.

diabolousmentus

Limp Gawd
Looks like we all need to grab a pump-action or double-barreled sawed off and prepare for legions of Imps, Cyberdemons, Revenants, and Spiderminds....

DyNamiC.

[H]ard|Gawd
What if we discover another dimension...

Like one filled with water. Then we open it and can't close it. OMG we are all going to drown!

Tephnos

Limp Gawd
gordon-freeman-lhc.jpg

Don't worry guys, we're safe.

Shambler

Supreme [H]ardness
What if we discover another dimension...

Like one filled with water. Then we open it and can't close it. OMG we are all going to drown!
Said water will be bottled and sold. Oh, almost forgot. It will be filtered via a Large Hadron Colander. :)

naninani

Limp Gawd
One step closer to fulfilling my plan to become: THE ONE!

/I am Yulaw! I'm nobody's b--

bloodhawke83

I Strike Fear into the Hearts of the Masses
i wanna link my brian to all the other me's in the parallel universes and take over the world.

Russian_Bear_Cavalry_by_Vertigo322.jpg

jiminator

[H]F Junkie
I watch "fringe" and I have seen what can happen if you shred the reality of alternate universes, especially if they are technologically superior. They can get really pissed off and seek revenge by completely destroying our universe. DON'T DO IT!!!

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
There I thought only politicians are crazy, now scientists joined in ... sad really, seems like de-evolution is happening and it's starting with the brain.

sfsuphysics

[H]F Junkie
wait, so we haven't seen any other universes peek into our own, which goes to reason we're the most advanced universe out there? Oh man that makes me sad.

Bohica69

Gawd
I'd be more worried about the Mree and the T!Ch!R!..... But hey if we get a working ftl ship out of the deal, sure, I'm in!

naninani

Limp Gawd
wait, so we haven't seen any other universes peek into our own, which goes to reason we're the most advanced universe out there? Oh man that makes me sad.

The absence of evidence is not necessarily the evidence of absence...

DeathPrincess

Fully [H]
When I loaded this page there was a low rumble sound coming out of the headphone drivers...The doom...it's growing...

Parja

[H]F Junkie
Haha, blow us up, come on now, saying things like this, even satirically, is what gets the slower of us genuinely thinking the LHC is some sort of doomsday device rather then the huge boon it is to scientific research.

Why can't it be both?

I watch "fringe" and I have seen what can happen if you shred the reality of alternate universes, especially if they are technologically superior. They can get really pissed off and seek revenge by completely destroying our universe. DON'T DO IT!!!

Not if we destroy their universe first!

Nightbird

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it even possible to destroy this universe without creating another one? Think of the energy involved.

Anyone seen the Gurren Lagann 2nd movie ending? Hilarious.

Hornet

Supreme [H]ardness
They are talking about superstring theory or M-theory right?
Its the only theory I know that predicts the existance of 10 or 11 dimensions and parallel universes

I do hope they will find some circumstantial evidence that the theory is right in my life time. :p